Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,
Taking up the thread from the old list, see copy under....Since it's been difficult getting enough people interested in a mutual order of 50 rear Konis I have decided to use the slightly used rear Konis from another car (Diablo) I have. Therefore it will eventually be up to another party to continue following this issue with regards to Koni Holland. Just bought 2 brand new front shocks 8241-1079 Sport. I just checked the old Countach shocks, Way AssAuto (still on the car) on a test machine and the right front one is absolutely gone...
By the way...Does anybody know if there is any difference between a rear spring on a 86 QV and a 92 Diablo? Height? Spring diameter? Spring rate? Any inputs welcomed!
Cheers,
Bjoern

From old list:
Koni Sport for 86 Countach
All,
Ok, that is 4 cars in after just 2 days... Anybody else interested? There are maybe some Lambo workshops on the forum interested as well??? Remember the yellow Konis are adjustable on rebound plus they are adjustable for different height of springs. As I have read on the other Lambolist they are far superior to the originals even when the OEM shocks are brand new. According to my contact who runs an independent workshop specializing in shock absorbers ONLY says that Koni are the "Rolls Royce" when talking shocks. And Koni have indeed a very good warranty on their products.
For your info the Koni part numbers are:
Front 8241-1079 Sport
Rear 8241-1121 Sport
I got a price today at USD 357 each. That equals EUR 297. The price does not include eventually tax/VAT. Same price front and rear. The front ones are available but as mentioned the rear ones are made at request.
Cheers,
Bjoern

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Countach QV - bushings for Koni shocks

All,
I am looking for a set of 12 bushings for my new Konis on the QV. They
were not delivered with the new shocks. Bushings are stamped WA-4190. (I
think that is WayAss Auto). Does any have a lead to where I can easily get
them? PS!! The bushings for the Diablo do not fit as they are a bit longer.
Any help appreciated. Thanks.
Cheers,
Bjoern
GLA12982
:)

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
jollygood1 said:
Just a repost as I didn't get any feedback on this one. Gotta try again...
Cheers,
Bjoern :confused:
I would call Ultimate in Orlando Florida, but are you in the US?

I think there are no replys yet because we need to know where you are to help better.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tony_Lambo said:
I would call Ultimate in Orlando Florida, but are you in the US?

I think there are no replys yet because we need to know where you are to help better.
Thanks, I am located in europe but if the bushings are somewhere else I'll give it a try anyway...
Cheers,
Bjoern

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
I just ordered a full set for my QV, they had all 6 in stock.

If somebody isn't able to locate them let me know I'll try to help out...

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
raymond said:
I just ordered a full set for my QV, they had all 6 in stock.

If somebody isn't able to locate them let me know I'll try to help out...
Raymond,
What p/n have the Konis you got?
From where did you get them?
Price info?

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
I got them from the swiss distributor, Price is around CHF 600 = 400 Euro /piece
I will know details once they delivered next week.

We will have let the bushings produced specially for them, not rubber but sort of Nylon.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
raymond said:
I got them from the swiss distributor, Price is around CHF 600 = 400 Euro /piece

We will have let the bushings produced specially for them, not rubber but sort of Nylon.
I have also tried to trace new original bushings but no luck! :(
Had to use the old original rubber bushings as suggested by Chad Bolles.
Awaiting further info from you next week then!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
raymond said:

Got any details Raymond?

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Yes, they Konis arrived but I will see them tomorrow, also we need to take care of the bushings. I'll let you know when I know more...
Which one you didn't get, the front or rear?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
raymond said:
Yes, they Konis arrived but I will see them tomorrow, also we need to take care of the bushings. I'll let you know when I know more...
Which one you didn't get, the front or rear?
Got hold of the front ones. Not the rear!

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
OK, I'll check for the rears and I understood you also need the bushings?

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Raymond, whilst my engine is out we are goint to take all the springs/shocks off to cleant and paint them, do you have any more bushes ? I could do with a complete set :wave:

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
At the moment I only have the Koni's, today we will talk about installing, of course I can then have more bushings produced...
As I said several times, I'll keep you informed...

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
raymond said:
OK, I'll check for the rears and I understood you also need the bushings?
Raymond,
I need bushings for both the front and the rear. Regarding the rear shocks I will use a set of used (low mileage) Konis I have from the Diablo.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
My mechanic has a bushing it's marked with WA U622, he says this one is used in several Ferrari models ans is the same as in the diablo.

Bjoern, since you have still your diablo struts, can you check what is written on the bushing?
The Ferrari piece costs about 50 Euro and is available, I suppose WA is for Way Assauto, remember that brand? it's the brand of the QV struts...

Sorry for the bad quality, I try to make a better photo tomorrow

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
raymond said:
My mechanic has a bushing it's marked with WA U622, he says this one is used in several Ferrari models ans is the same as in the diablo.

Bjoern, since you have still your diablo struts, can you check what is written on the bushing?
The Ferrari piece costs about 50 Euro and is available, I suppose WA is for Way Assauto, remember that brand? it's the brand of the QV struts...

Sorry for the bad quality, I try to make a better photo tomorrow
The Diablo bushings do not fit on the QV (on the car) They will fit on the shock but not on the car due to they are a bit longer. The QV bushings are stamped WA-4190 (WayAss Auto I think). The number you mention WA U622, I have to check on the Diablo shocks!

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
1 - 20 of 112 Posts