Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I am looking to purchase a 2012 Gallardo SL LP570-4 with 18.500 miles (30.000km, car is in my location in Europe) and did a quick test ride.

When accelerating from around 30mph to 50mph (and possibly above 50mph) and shifting from 3rd to 4th gear (under load, keeping foot down), I feel a bit of a kick. I did not hear any noise, at least nothing out of the ordinary. It just felt like a "bumpy" shift.

I believe this also happened during shifting from 2nd to 3rd gear. I did not feel it under any other gear shifts (i.e. 1 to 2 or 4 to 5).

I am used to driving a 458 and with a dual clutch I never really felt any shifts let alone bumpy shifts. So I am wondering if this is just the way it is or if I should be worried about the transmission.

Does anybody have any more information on transmission issues on the Gallardo LP570-4 (Superleggera)?

Best wishes,
Fred

·
Registered
2009 LP560-4
46 Posts
The egear shifts much rougher than dual clutch transmissions, it'll never be as smooth as the 458 trans. It can sometimes feel like a donkey kick, especially in sport or corsa mode. There are guides on here with some tips and tricks on how to make it shift smoother.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Yellow, I will have a closer look at that. I read about the "poor man's egear reset" by pulling both paddles towards me for 3-5 seconds. I will give that a try should I go for a second test drive.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You're already going from 3-4 between 30 and 50?
Maybe I am mistaken and it was a higher speed. You are right, 30 - 50mph seems too low for a 3rd to 4th gear shift.

When I test the car again, I will make sure to record it properly, including speeds and RPMs.

·
Premium Member
97.0 VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,328 Posts
Pull the paddles back for more than 3 to 5 seconds, it’s more like 20 seconds to do the reset. Number two, these cars pride themselves on that kick! That’s exactly what a lot of us love is the single clutch technology that is aggressive. If you like smooth as you mentioned on your 458 this is not the car for you, however if you let up on the gas just slightly immediately prior to your shift the kick will mostly disappear. You do not need to let up on the gas to shift as you can shift it aggressively. As others have mentioned, you are shifting too frequently if you were anywhere close to third gear at 40 miles an hour. May I suggest to go back and test drive that car again as it will grow on you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pull the paddles back for more than 3 to 5 seconds, it’s more like 20 seconds to do the reset. Number two, these cars pride themselves on that kick! That’s exactly what a lot of us love is the single clutch technology that is aggressive. If you like smooth as you mentioned on your 458 this is not the car for you, however if you let up on the gas just slightly immediately prior to your shift the kick will mostly disappear. You do not need to let up on the gas to shift as you can shift it aggressively. As others have mentioned, you are shifting too frequently if you were anywhere close to third gear at 40 miles an hour. May I suggest to go back and test drive that car again as it will grow on you.
Makes sense! Thanks for your input. I do love the car and actually like the "roughness" of the shifts. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't any potential mechanical issue. I will have another look and report back :)

·
Premium Member
97.0 VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,328 Posts
Go back and test drive it and try to shift exactly the same through every gear, that is to say leave your foot on the gas and shift at the same RPM and see if the kick is roughly the same. It should be similar. Then, try lightenung up on the gas while you shift to see if the shifts are much more smooth as they then should be. It might take a little getting used to but the salesman will understand why you want a second test drive.

Also, of course get a PPI and have your trusted mechanic check the E gear system and clutch snap.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts