Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2013 LP560 TT
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
See the screenshot below. Has anyone tried this yet or know if it works? Can you use a blank key fob or reprogram an existing one? Inquiring minds want to know.
Computer Personal computer Output device Communication Device Mobile device

·
Vendor
2,748 Posts
Give your local Texa dealer a ring and they can talk you through it. Texa is my fav as Lara is too much.
Output device Font Gadget Audio equipment Electronic device

·
Registered
2013 LP560 TT
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I talked to my regional rep and to the national distributor. Both said “yes” but that is based on the fact that the function is “active”. The concern I have is the supposed secret formula Lambo claims when they make you order the keys from Italy. I’m trying to find out if that is verifiably true or if they’re like garage door openers and the G can “learn” the code? If so it’ll be a whole lot easier to get spare keys than Lambo lets on.

·
Registered
975 Posts
See the screenshot below. Has anyone tried this yet or know if it works? Can you use a blank key fob or reprogram an existing one? Inquiring minds want to know.
View attachment 302334
Yes, i used that option and programmed several remote control keys. You need to follow a certain combination of steps.

Alex.

·
Registered
2013 LP560 TT
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, i used that option and programmed several remote control keys. You need to follow a certain combination of steps.

Alex.
Is there a way you could share the process / steps involved?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Last year I had bought a new key as I had only one. I bought it from the official Lambo dealer and I asked them to program the alarm and immobilizer. It turned out that the specific ignition switch part installed in my car didn't match the VIN of the car and they told me that they can't program the immobilizer, they only programmed the alarm (I guess the immobilizer secret codes differed or something like that). They said that if I wanted them to program the immobilizer then I should order the part which has the ignition switch and immobilizer system matching the VIN of my car.

Finally I found a guy who can program these keys unofficially, he replaced the transponder with another compatible one, one that can be programmed without passing through the LARA/etc. stuff, he said that he is unable to program the original Lambo transponder in the key. He just programmed the new transponder with some universal key programming hardware. Just a workaround solution if anyone struggles with key programming.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Is there a way you could share the process / steps involved?
Yes, Sir. I can do it for you through PM if you need it for a private purpose.

Alex.

·
Registered
2013 LP560 TT
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, Sir. I can do it for you through PM if you need it for a private purpose.

Alex.
I just meant for everyone’s knowledge. No reason for each of us to have to figure it out alone. I have full access to Texa Supercar and can get key fobs. Just wanted to make sure it was doable before purchasing the fobs. Lambo dealers would have you think there’s a super-secret Italian wizard in charge of making all keys but I am hoping it’s a bit easier than that. These are Audis after all…

·
Registered
975 Posts
It is possible to program/reprogram a Gallardo Lamborghini FOB key. I made it for my Gallardo by myself with instructions that are written in Texa. Concerning an immobilizer you need to adjust a chip inside the key. Texa cannot do that.
I am not a big fan of everybody's knowledge. I paid tons of money to get and gather information about technical service details and reach right solutions how to deal with E-gear, electronic modules etc.
If someone has a particular question and I know how to resolve it then i will response it personally for free of charge. This is my hobby and I can help someone who really needs help. Not for everyone in the world to know.
Thank you for understanding.

Reactions: Plumber
1 - 9 of 9 Posts