• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
101 - 112 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Lm002

There are a number of areas that need attention, and one can simply keep
all parts for those that desire the frankly inferior performance of the factory unit.

First, a cutting edge ECU computer, as the original Sirroco cousin is not
fit for, well, even a sirocco. A Cosworth unit, with 12 coil on spark set-up
will do nicely, and losing the distributor and it's problems while we are at it.
Then it will start like a 640 with a substantive power boost.
Next, K&N and a custom air intake with computerized flow software for
evidence based changes.
Then, flow base optimized velocity exhaust system. All current units on
the aftermarket are wrong.

Sometimes, you have to it yourself to get it right...I am learning a great deal,
but so far the rewards have been very satisfying. Pics and documentation
when I get it right.

Michael

·
Registered
120 Posts
i keep mine stock

i never understood the blacked out wheel craze, they just looked even more dirty to me and i would want to clean them to make them shine again

·
Banned
12 Posts
no matter what you do to it this car is fast. I think stock is the best way to go. I saw the stats and updates at this site (Car News and reviews, videos, wallpapers, pictures, free games and more. - Top Speed) any lambo is faster and more aggressive than any car> i wouldnt change a thing. Its made the way its supposed to be made.
I guess this is not 100% true, I have a SL55, and until now, only a F430 could accelerate as fast as my SL, (don't know if this was a modified F430?) and this was at higher speeds >200kmh.

I just bought a '99 Diablo and am really curious what the difference is with my SL55. I suppose only sooner from 0-100kmh just like the figures found on the internet, but like I wrote above, until now, everytime someone challenges me on the highway, I leave them all behind me if the speeds gets >150 .. 200kmh. You don't have to believe me, it is true and I am curious about responses here. why I bought this Diablo then ? The incredible looks !! Cannot say else, it looks stunning. Incredible wide, and low too, that width/height ratio is brutal. I don't like the Murcielago looks much, the Gallardo is nice but too smooth. I reckon, soon to be addicted to this service and too expensive parts consuming vehicle. That is the advantage of the SL, it needs actually only gas, almost no service. I drive it 22MPG on the highway easily. So about this subject, yes I would definately mod the Diablo if it would become more reliable, and get more power, lower fuel consumption, if it could be done without risk of damaging the engine. Original is nice if you keep it in the garage, but I like to expose it on the road, people ! and you should do that too. It is a shame that these cars only are kept in garages.

Yuroon
btw. I am new here. hello to everyone ! :wave:

·
Registered
120 Posts
I am so a custom guy, I have like 8 little model RX-7's that I didnt like the way they all looked the same so I customized each one. Something may be wrong with me but I cant stand conforming outside of a meeting. I like Audio Systems, the ability to Jam when my favorite song comes on is important to me, I know most of you feel that a Lamborghini should only have the sound of the motor. Well thats fine. FOR YOU. after about 30 min. of straight driving through town, i want to Jam and I want it loud and I want it clean, but thats just me. Then the wheels, a Rim tells what kind of guy/girl you are, Carbon says maticulous and refined but secretly a speed freak....etc. Then the Exhaust well that just lets everyone know something fast is on it's way down your road and if you wait 2 more seconds youll get to see it in action.............and then the plain white T-shirt! in that order. Those are my " Have to Have Mods" on pretty much any car, Van , Bus, Golf cart........

·
Registered
311 Posts
I will do some cosmetic mods only when I get my Murcielago, rear wing is a must for me unless I'm lucky enough to find an SV, and gold accents to go where any silver is, gold wheels, gold accents in the interior. Black and gold are my colors but I also consider it a tribute to Lamborghini being that is the official Lambo colors via the emblem. I also may install a few more Lambo shield emblems in strategic places similar to how a Ferrari has the horse on both sides and the back. Same thing, I'm also toying with the idea of a custom made gold bull hood ornament and a custom made bull emblem similar to the Ferrari pony and put just a bull on the back.

·
Registered
311 Posts
i keep mine stock

i never understood the blacked out wheel craze, they just looked even more dirty to me and i would want to clean them to make them shine again
I totally agree with you. Blacked out wheels to me look like old cars that have lost their hubcaps. I will definitely paint mine, probably will have to no matter since I doubt I'll find a murci that already has gold wheels like I want

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
12,285 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
I know people like to keep original paint colors, but sometimes the availability isn't exactly what you want.

Would anyone ever consider painting their car a different color, or even painting it to another official Lamborghini color?
I will most definitely if I don't find a black one. If I end up finding a nice car with everything I want, low miles good price etc., but the color is orange or green, I may go ahead and get it and just either paint it or wrap it. And I know I"ll have to do the gold accents I'm wanting to do. Some of these colors are so lame IMO I have no idea why some come in some of the colors they do. Sorry but the puke green is just :eek: really? No offense to anyone who may like it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
unique lamborghini

For me if we are talking about classic lambo i would keep it standard. On the other hand a gallardo or a murcielago i would customise special colour, wheels, exhaust, chips, bodykit etc..:wave:

101 - 112 of 112 Posts