Lamborghini Talk banner

Keeping You Lamborghini All Original ?

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just thought I'd throw this one out there. I'm just curious as to the general concensus of Lambo community that participates here.
-----------------------------------------
Please everybody just vote here. :whip:

Do the members here.... like to, want to, must do and/or or prefer to modify/customize/stray from off the showroom or wherehouse delivery of your Lambo and if so to what level?

This question is for all years & models.

Pick one of the choices please. :confused:

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
As Raymond will tell you some stuff, such as the ignition system is crap, change some of that but keep the car itself totally original. If it is not fast enough go buy something that will kill yourself in !!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I always change the exhaust on an exotic -- i try to do this ASAP. I think the exhaust really gives it a better note. I believe the factory is limited in this regard.

But that is usually about it. I might throw in K&N filters because they are cheap (i dont know if they really do anything), other than that i am against changing the look or any major modifications.

I like the idea of a 850+HP Murci, but doesnt that destroy the reliability? and what about handling? i can see the parts coming off the car whenever i take off.

I'd like to hear from people who did some major modifications. what happened to reliability and handling? and more important, if you think it really was a good idea, why do you suppose the manufacturer, who spends countless millions designing them, didnt do it already?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
well, i think some little modifications , as muffler, filter or chip tuning are good if well made, they could bring some good results in power and weight, because the factory must pass restrictive omologation parameters (emissions, noise,...)and nothing sounds better than a "free breath" lambo

major engine modifications could also be good IMO, but they requires attention and money, more the handling colud become seriously difficult and you
must be carefull.... driving this kind of car ;)

for the line it is very difficult to improve the beauty of lambo design but sometimes...it can be done

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Believe it or not I like them to stay factory with exception of ignition, exhaust and rims. Once you start changing things the reliability goes out the window. I think we all agree that I know that by now!! :D I can take the turbos out of mine faster than I can change the tire. Modifying is okay as long as you are willing to do more maintainence and not be bothered by down time. Speaking of which we need to see more pictures from Wayne!!!

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
I think even if I had an Enzo, I'd do some kind of mods on it. First thing I'll do on that car is hire Gandini and redesign the body. :D

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Well let's see, I have HRE's on the way, a full carbon interior upgrade, custom carbon/leather steering wheel made for me by Gemballa, Rick Reus Audio system next week, Custom exhaust the week after that, Valentine One hardwired into the car, custom floor mats, and then I'll be done. Maybe. The only other mod I may do is having the heads powdercoated yellow to match the brake calipers. If I do that though then I'll have to get the clear engine cover.

I don't care to do engine mods. The car is silly fast as it is. Plus there is the reliability issue as well.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
wiz357 said:
I think even if I had an Enzo, I'd do some kind of mods on it. First thing I'll do on that car is hire Gandini and redesign the body. :D
:evil: :evil: :evil: well said : it would be a masterpiece

·
Registered
142 Posts
Actually, also have audi throw in better quality and eliminate those gaps between the carbon fiber dash on the enzo.... :whip:

Wouldnt this outcome be dependent on the vehicle? It really doesnt make sense to mod a 400gt or Miura or a countach. Because these vehicles already have some historical significance...

·
Registered
148 Posts
well I think that engine wise I will leave mine standard, but just love the GT front end so had to "upgrade". Will keep the orig parts tho, just in case I change my mind :)

·
Premium Member
2,529 Posts
98 sv

well i had quite a few cosmetic touches done to my 98 sv

gt hood, 2000 rear grill, inter changable wing. (i have 2).

changed the front fog lights from original to 2 spot lights.

pluss i have had the interior done also. and i toock the sterio system out. i never use it. i just listen the that beutifull beast behind me. :evil:

·
Registered
98 Posts
well u gys would hate me i want too twin turbo charge my countach and do a brake up grade bigger wheels lower it a little more hugh plans but when i get to it who knows i have so much stuff already backed up i might as well just keep driving it hahaha ow well some day

·
Registered
4 Posts
Oem is not always best!

If you really want to drive your car then keeping your car stock my leave you on the side of the road. The old car's have weak hose's and old still rubber o'rings on the engine which will leak! The new car's OEM IGN SYSTEM does not like trafic jam's :wave:

·
Registered
4 Posts
only non-owners would contemplate customising a lambo. all owner should know that it is gross to presume to modify a lamborghini, unless your name is bob wallace or walter wolf.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Lot of Lambo Parts are very bad Quality! There is a lot of Things to modify.
Make every thing, but try not to loose the Line-Up of the Car.

Watch the Track of this Diablo.

1.Original
2.Modify

·
Registered
331 Posts
mr.lambo said:
Lot of Lambo Parts are very bad Quality! There is a lot of Things to modify.
Make every thing, but try not to loose the Line-Up of the Car.

Watch the Track of this Diablo.

1.Original
2.Modify

The thing with spacers is that you increase the wear of the wheel bearings, especially if you track the car. So with that in mind, it's not recommended.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
jollygood1 said:
The thing with spacers is that you increase the wear of the wheel bearings, especially if you track the car. So with that in mind, it's not recommended.
absolutely right,
you should be carefull with big wheel spacers,let say over 15 mm., they are very dangerous and not reccomended
i was told that in a recent track day in italy a diablo with wide spacers lost a wheels with bad damage consequences
:(

1 - 20 of 112 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.