Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tire letters. They are permanent, neon green, and made to fit very close to the oem indentations.

I was surprised I didn't need to do another tire balancing. They're extremely light weight.

Only a fly can really see them when the car is rolling. Maybe I should add flare / whitewall but maybe that's a bit too much.

The wheels are fully washed and detailed, for your viewing pleasure.

@Lambo2018 red ones would look good on yours :)

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
476 Posts

Man that looks real cool! What paint brand did you use? Takes a steady hand, did you use a fine tipped paint brush, marker?

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Man that looks real cool! What paint brand did you use? Takes a steady hand, did you use a fine tipped paint brush, marker?
what was the process to do the coloration?
Thanks! :D :D

Multiple layers of Rovene 4541 plus pigment for the paint using small brush. You can also use acryclic since the letters are small but only use it if you don't drive (often) in the rain.

The rubbers are raised rubber meaning they have to be cut from thin rubber & glued into the tires. I just use superglue. I also have the template so if you ever need the template to cut the thin rubbers, just let me know I can post it here.

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
13,032 Posts
Looks really nice, the paint match is perfect. I doubt I would have the patience or the talent to accomplish the same.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I have toyed with the idea of doing this and I have seen kits on Ebay, but I don't think the kits would look as good as what you did.

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks really nice, the paint match is perfect. I doubt I would have the patience or the talent to accomplish the same.
I have toyed with the idea of doing this and I have seen kits on Ebay, but I don't think the kits would look as good as what you did.
Thanks for the compliments! :D

For quick DIY, you can get a cookie cutter made using the template. That would save tons of time. The rubber is just like a cookie dough. Cookie cutter -> push it into thin rubber -> paint & let them cured -> arrange rubber letters using the cookie cutter again as guidelines -> larger masking tape (transparent is better) on top to hold the letters together -> apply with superglue

·
Registered
232 Posts
Tire letters. They are permanent, neon green, and made to fit very close to the oem indentations.

I was surprised I didn't need to do another tire balancing. They're extremely light weight.

Only a fly can really see them when the car is rolling. Maybe I should add flare / whitewall but maybe that's a bit too much.

View attachment 286970

View attachment 286971

View attachment 286972
What a shame, I have BLACK brake calipers ! :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Yes, bad thing you did :rolleyes: Very professionaly done, kudos ... but why haven't you colored the other letters, like the production year or the tire width. Do all or ... nothing. But maybe Pirelli is paying you for that ?

IMHO, this is for young ricers and not for cars that already look cool if not even hot. Keeping the tires black with a satin look is way better than making it a ricers car. If you want to pimp the car so it stands out of the so many Huracans on the roads then add larger/other wheels or coat them in a different color.

One note regarding the color. On Formula one cars the tires are color coded with red (ultra soft), yellow (soft), white (hard), as well as green (intermediates) and blue (rain). Therefore lime green would be something like "I have soft tires that also work like intermediates".

As said, just my opinion as you have to like it

·
Registered
232 Posts
Yes, bad thing you did :rolleyes: Very professionaly done, kudos ... but why haven't you colored the other letters, like the production year or the tire width. Do all or ... nothing. But maybe Pirelli is paying you for that ?

IMHO, this is for young ricers and not for cars that already look cool if not even hot. Keeping the tires black with a satin look is way better than making it a ricers car. If you want to pimp the car so it stands out of the so many Huracans on the roads then add larger/other wheels or coat them in a different color.

One note regarding the color. On Formula one cars the tires are color coded with red (ultra soft), yellow (soft), white (hard), as well as green (intermediates) and blue (rain). Therefore lime green would be something like "I have soft tires that also work like intermediates".

Yea, like you said, YOUR opinion.
That is stupid talking about painting everything on the tyre!
They look real smart with just the PIRELLI and P ZERO done, mine are done in white which look amazing but need repainting regularly due to getting dirty from brake dust etc.

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

It's cool I respect all opinions (y)

By the way, do you know that Pirelli actually made colored Pzeros with 3000 pantone decal colors to choose from back in 2017? They were made for Pagani, McLaren, and Lamborghini too! I bet all ricers are all over them :p Check them out here:

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
476 Posts
By the way, do you know that Pirelli actually made colored Pzeros with 3000 pantone decal colors to choose from back in 2017? They were made for Pagani, McLaren, and Lamborghini too! I bet all ricers are all over them :p Check them out here:

I wonder why they stopped making them, limited demand?

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Yes, limited demand as no one wanted them. In fact many luxury and super-cars dealers used them only for exhipitions or on cars on display.

The Centenario as well as the first Urus that were presented in the showroom of the local dealer had yellow letterings and the yellow stripe on the tires. Yellow is the Pirelli color used for presentation cars. The Urus got the tires changed when the buyer picked it up but I also saw a yellow one that had them still on. Looks good in yellow together with the yellow painting or in contrast to the color of the car. Here a pic that looks classy and I would follow if I'd do soemthing like this (no, not on my car ;)).

Don't get me wrong, white and yellow is definitely ok, mabye even red if it matches the car. In my early days were I runned a shop to pimp the cars my customers came with tire letterings in pink on an Impreza, orange on a Supra, sparkling purple on Hondas, bright green on Nissans (with Nitto tires). Yellow on a blue/yellow Impreza looked good.

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
476 Posts
You don't see them no more because they are all sold out. It's limited edition (limited run): 2017 for car tires, 2019 for bike tires.
Is there any intent to initiate another round of production or are we one and done?

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just further update:

The letters survived after 2 hours of spirited drive. I expected some letters to fly off or got rearranged but they stayed intact like nothing happened. Some letters did pick up dirt from the road, but nothing can't be cleaned. Superglue is really superb.

I noticed the car got more attention than usual at the stop light. Even got some approving look and a couple of thumbs up!

This concludes that: no one would every notice my $3K cosmetic rollbar, but they noticed my 50 bucks-amateurishly-made letters right away.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts