Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I put in a deposit for the C8 about two years before it was finally released. As soon as it came out instead of buying one I shifted the deposit over to a Z06 and it’s been something like 3 years since then. Well, turns out I’m a pretty low number and I’m ready to place the order. I’m more of an exotic car guy, but I’m lacking a convertible and you can’t help but admire how Chevy is sticking to its guns here by bringing an all new NA racing V8. The GT3 car looks amazing in person. I wish these looked less plasticy (get rid of the stupid accents over the vents, etc), but outside of that. Seems like a fun daily car and will probably keep some miles off of my others.

anyone else designing theirs this week? Would be different if the AV Replacement was already out, but looks we have a ways to wait for something new from Lamborghini.

my build thus far.

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Premium Member
2022 Rosso Mars Huracan STO
17,185 Posts
Congratulations! I am on the list for a C8 but not a Z06. I think it would be a fun DD.

·
Registered
229 Posts
How's the build quality on the C8s? My last Vette was a C6 Z06, it was one of the most fun, worst quality cars I've ever had.

The dealer and Chevy corporate experience soured me from ever buying one since. [My engine blew up while idling at a stop light and they tried to void my warranty and blame it on my skip shift eliminator].

·
Premium Member
2022 Rosso Mars Huracan STO
17,185 Posts
How's the build quality on the C8s?
:giggle: Well, that I can't say, I never owned a Corvette or an American car before but there are complaints now and again.

·
Registered
266 Posts
They’re fun to drive and very comfortable. Not too bad on blind spots. Gets a lot of looks. Definitely comfortable and easy enough to drive for a DD.

My 3 Cons:
1. Exhaust sound
2. Chinese great wall between driver and passenger seat
3. So many curves and aerodynamic pieces to the vehicle that it’s a total PITA to wash

·
Registered
777 Posts
Blessings for getting one without a huge MSRP markup. I am agnostic about the Z06, pros and cons to everything of course.

I‘m not on any list, I’ve decided to sit back and take a wait and see approach. If they produce them in the numbers being bantered about, I‘m sure there’ll be plenty of gently used ones once the market simmers and the geriatric owners start dying off.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I put in a deposit for the C8 about two years before it was finally released. As soon as it came out instead of buying one I shifted the deposit over to a Z06 and it’s been something like 3 years since then. Well, turns out I’m a pretty low number and I’m ready to place the order. I’m more of an exotic car guy, but I’m lacking a convertible and you can’t help but admire how Chevy is sticking to its guns here by bringing an all new NA racing V8. The GT3 car looks amazing in person. I wish these looked less plasticy (get rid of the stupid accents over the vents, etc), but outside of that. Seems like a fun daily car and will probably keep some miles off of my others.

anyone else designing theirs this week? Would be different if the AV Replacement was already out, but looks we have a ways to wait for something new from Lamborghini.

my build thus far.

View attachment 317300
If you don't mind me asking, did you get your allocation from one of the bigger dealerships (ciocca or stingray). I have a reservation at both, but my number is pretty high up so I was curious to see if you got yours from there and what your number is.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
If I didn't own my current C7 and it wasn't my goal to own an H then I might get a C8 Z06. However you need to be mentally pre warned and hopefully you have an honest dealer near you. I don't want to sound like a Debbie downer so I will refrain from describing my bad experience unless you are interested in knowing.

2 Summers ago, my car in the middle.

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
If I didn't own my current C7 and it wasn't my goal to own an H then I might get a C8 Z06. However you need to be mentally pre warned and hopefully you have an honest dealer near you. I don't want to sound like a Debbie downer so I will refrain from describing my bad experience unless you are interested in knowing.

2 Summers ago, my car in the middle.

View attachment 317334

View attachment 317335

View attachment 317336
I can relate
I wont buy a pagani because my local dealer is such a dick. But if they weren’t, i would

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I’m with MacMulkin for the allocation. I did pay $2,500 to get on the list, but many years ago. At the time, I just searched out the larger dealers and I think they are #2 in the county. I figured they would get enough allocations that being high up on their list would work. Everyone went for the C8 to get it quicker so I was one of the few who went early for the Z06 well before it was announced. I had two C7’s and I loved those things. So practical and easy to life with when compared to anything else I have. Lots of storage, etc. the regular C8 didn’t do it for me, but the wide body will be pretty nice i think, the air intakes look more complete, IMO.
Should find out early next week when to expect the car.

current build now.

Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Vehicle

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
There’s a vid out with Ron Fellows at Laguna Seca in a ZO6. Let us know what you think.

Will you be tracking your car? Best of luck navigating the entire roll out!
yea, saw that one. Car seems sinister on track. I love my Lambos, but will be nice to have head room in a sports car again, maybe even room for a helmet!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts