Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I went to the factory in Sant'Agata!! I showed up around lunch time, and Luc came and took me into a back area of their (really nice) cafeteria where I got to eat with Manfred, Dominic, etc. the whole gang. Stephan will not be in until tlommorrow I am sorry to say. Well anyways I went around with Luc for nearly 5 hours, seeing everything there is too see. He took me first to Centro Stile...I saw many old prototypes and parts and a few new ones. The new Murci, dubbed the L650 by Luc (cuz of the HP of 650) is AMAZING. The spy photos tell nothing of what it looks like. Luc said it was his (company car, originally in lime green) but now is for show (it is a production model). There actually are quite a few changes to body styling, aerodynamics, and functions. This car is nuts, they actually had to lower the hp b/c the orginal amount was creating torsion with the frame. I saw a lot of cool prototype and even future production planned stuff. We then went to the restoration garage which was cool to see the work they are doing including and LM, a 350 GT, and one of the italian police cars in for its 12k service.

I then got to go to production plant, walking along the line from start to finish, including the upholstery center, machine shop, and testing booth!! I saw the FIRST two production gallardo spyders roll off the blocks and the first batch of Gallardo SE's being shipped off. (this week will be the last in production of the SE's as there are only 250). It was cool to see the new additions of the color wheel (about 4 more choices) including the new rims for next years Murci and such. Then Luc and I took a great look at the Lambo museum...taking a special interest in Diablos as I do...Luc took me over the history of his creation of the GT, GT-R, and SE. In fact he only had two weeks to create the SE and 4 for the GT-R! I then went into the corporate offices and met with Alex, Dominic, Enrico, and Manfred...and finished by doing a little shopping at the lambo store. Luc even offered me to stay at his house for the evening, but I am in Bologna and he lives in Modena, the opposite way! A great time overall, I must say!!

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
roytoy2003 said:
Yea see how it works...DAD stays at home works and pays for SON to see the factory......

What the hell? Hope you are having a great time son..see you when you get back

PS The NEW Gallardo SE arrived today by truck....going out for a run right now!! :wave:

LOVE DAD
I know how it feels buddy. You are such a great dad that the Lambo Gods rewarded you with the Marque Best of Show at the Concorso Italiano a couple of weeks ago.

I apologize to all for not posting this info earlier. Anyway, our very own Mr. Cats won the prestigiuos Lamborghini Best of Show at the Concorso Italiano for his immaculate black Countach. Mind you, this is the 40th anniversary of the Miura. There were lots of Miuras there that could've easily beat out Roy's car. Just tell you how spectacular his Countach is. Anyway. Congrats Roy.

Jonathan, take it easy with the Italian girls. I've seen how fast you work. :) Oh sorry for hijacking your thread.

Sorry about the picture quality, my camera was acting up.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
a few more pics but mostly just from the museum. i couldnt take pics in the production area as there were spiders being produced there. even though the munich auto show is only 7 days away....you know how lambo is. also, the factory is just so overwhelmingly amazing that i really wasnt thinking too much about bout pics....my jaw was on the floor

·
Registered
809 Posts
Sounds like an awesome trip man, i gotta get around to italy some time or another.

Its great to see a father and son on here!

oh yeah love the sig its_time!!!

·
Registered
154 Posts
wiz357 said:
I know how it feels buddy. You are such a great dad that the Lambo Gods rewarded you with the Marque Best of Show at the Concorso Italiano a couple of weeks ago.

I apologize to all for not posting this info earlier. Anyway, our very own Mr. Cats won the prestigiuos Lamborghini Best of Show at the Concorso Italiano for his immaculate black Countach. Mind you, this is the 40th anniversary of the Miura. There were lots of Miuras there that could've easily beat out Roy's car. Just tell you how spectacular his Countach is. Anyway. Congrats Roy.

Jonathan, take it easy with the Italian girls. I've seen how fast you work. :) Oh sorry for hijacking your thread.

Sorry about the picture quality, my camera was acting up.

I remember you telling me about that Raymond. Congratulations Roy!!!! :)

·
Registered
3,104 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Jonathan!

Congrats on the GREAT time at the factory!

It brings back fond memories from just 1.5 months ago when Matt and I were
there!

Agreed, Luc is a GREAT guy, as are the rest of the gang!

Have a safe trip back!

Also, congrats Roy on the new Gallardo SE and the Concorso trophy!!
I wish we could have stayed one more day to see you get it. Matt is
still talking about the ride you gave him in your white Murci!

Regards,

Larry and Matt

·
Registered
53 Posts
hey jonathan, i know that you told me all about this on the phone, but i have to tell you one more time how lucky you are. cali was the best experence of my life so far, i cant even imagine what that was like! talk to you soon man, RP4L.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
I owe an apolige here......an early post refers to a GALLADRO SE being delivered by truck.....

In the heat of speaking to my son on the phone and typing in repsonse to his post I ment to say I GOT MY SE (01 #19) back from the shop......

It had the front end re-painted due to the roadrash from the Players run.....

I AM SORRY FOR ANY CONFUSION. THERE WAS NO INTENT TO MISLEAD!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks adam your the best bud a guy could ask for.

and good thing it didnt come in dad! that might be reason to come home! well since ill be working (hopefully at the london dealership, i might get to drive the Gallardo SE before you! AHAHAHAH!)

love ya

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hahaa well i dont even have a "valid" one over here anyways...so what would it matter? especially if you didnt find out till after i got back...haah jk love ya pops

1 - 18 of 18 Posts