Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everbody,

So I was hoping my first post on this website after I bought my Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera would be one that would entail me boasting about how awesome my experience with an exotic is. However, I woke up a few days ago with a special surprise, and not the kind of special surprise your girlfriend or wife gives you that makes your day all that more exciting. Some tool in my parking garage stole the hood emblem from my lamborghini, prying it right out and leaving some small chips in the paint. They also tried to steal the lamborghini emblem on the back bumper but didn't get very far because that is screwed in.

What kind of people out there do this type of stuff? It is unreal that someone doesn't have the common decency to respect such a beautiful machine.

Has anyone out there experienced something like this before? I took it to the Lambo dealer in Washington D.C. and they told me that they hadn't ever seen that happen before at their dealer. Those hood emblems are a wopping $268 new.

Anyone know where I could get a replacement factory one made specifically for a Superleggera for a cheaper price?

Anyone know of good vehicle surveillance systems out there that I could put on the car over night to catch the next jackass who tries something like this?

Oh well, I still love the car and had a blast driving it from Houston where I bought it last week to the Washington D.C. area.

Also if anyone happens to notice someone is trying to sell the emblem on ebay or other auction websites and is in the Arlington, VA area then let me know.

--08Superleggera

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
no respect. sorry to hear it. but honestly, if i didnt have a private garage, i wouldnt own an exotic. still unacceptable behavior though. hope it gets fixed quick.

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
Yeah, sorry to hear that, but very risky parking in a communal garage. No camera's? Hard to imagine these days.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
What terrible luck. I'm sorry to hear that as well. As raymondo pointed out, it is hard to imagine that there aren't any cameras in your garage.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Wow...that's terrible. Sorry to hear that. Hope it at least shows up online and you catch the idiot who did this...

You may even want to pose as a person "looking" for the emblem on craigslist. Most of the folks who steal stuff and try to sell them use this. You may be able to see if it's yours and get him arrested or something.

On the other hand, you might also find someone who genuinely sells them for a better price than the OEM.

Did you have the Lambo checked for fingerprints?

Good luck!!

·
Registered
555 Posts
Sorry to hear. Unfortunately, the world is full of sh*tty haters so you can't have anything nice. I would have to agree with other though. If I had to use a communal garage, I think I'd just have a "normal" car. A garage for my car is the number one reason I bought a house eight years ago.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Wow man that blows! I don't know what I would do. Temporary Insanity? Murderous rage? Sorry man but it's time to move or find a single garage for rent somewhere else. It will be cheaper in the end.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Ouch, sorry to hear. But as mentioned above, you left your super g not garaged over night? Crazy.

I own a white super g. Not only do I park it in my alarmed garage, when I go out to say a restaurant I google map the parking lot to make sure there is proper parking. I usually sit somewhere In eyes view of the car. Don't most people do this?

Lambostuff.com may carry cheaper emblems?

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Geez guys, lay off the guy for parking in a communal garage. Where do you think people that live in multi million dollar condo towers park? The W that I've been in numerous times in Dallas is packed with 6 figure cars, including several Lamborghini's. Greg, back me up here.

Anyway, sorry to hear of your misfortune. But, look on the bright side, you still have the car. :D

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Geez guys, lay off the guy for parking in a communal garage. Where do you think people that live in multi million dollar condo towers park?
This true, and I was thinking the sane thing. But I'm guessing that these condos would also have strict strict security, with officers who patrol 24/7 on site. And yes...you can't tell what a thief looks like visually all the time, but safety standards like this could help deter people from trying stupid stuff like taking emblems!!

The building I'm considering moving to is not a multi-million dollar condo, but has communal parking, gated communal parking, and then private individualized parking (garage door for each person).

1 - 20 of 38 Posts