Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI All, I'm new to the forum and have just rescued a Jarama from an uncertain future. I had know about the car for about 20 years or more and last saw it 10 years ago, never expecting it would come my way. The owner was getting a little older, had lost interest in getting the car going. A mutual friend John asks me “If it was for sale would you want to buy it.” Ok , my first thought is “yes, I'm interested:, fully expecting it would months before I would have a reply. The next day I get a reply, ”So when do you want to pick the car”? The car, a Lamborghini Jarama, 1971 vintage was picked up that weekend in Brisbane. That was three weeks ago.
The car does need a full restoration, the engine did run about 10 years ago.
It had unfortunately seen some vandalism with front and rear screens broken and rear side windows missing. I am keen to find a rear screen and the rear side windows if any one can help. This is a starting point for the resto.
Regards Charles

I am enjoying reading the other posts, a great help, thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
252 Posts
that looks like a fun restoration. always sad to see cars get to this state but always happy to see them come back

·
Administrator
5,166 Posts
That looks like a very challenging project with lots of high and lows. I hope you're going full blown stock. Good Luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, thanks for you comments. I'm looking forward to the project with some anticipation and trepidation. I would like to bring the car back to original with some minor changes to improve wiring (add some relays) and ignition. Have just bought a ultrasonic cleaner to clean up the carbies and them re-kit them. I will post progress reports.
Cheers Charles

1 - 4 of 4 Posts