Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I took my jalpa (DLA12066) for a ride today, and all seemed well for the first 30 min, it was shifting well into all gears, until suddenly i shifted into 4th, and noticed the shift was suspiciously easy, when i lifted off the clutch it had no gear.

So 4th and 5th gear might as well be like they are in neutral, the shifts are very easy, unlike 1st, 2nd, 3rd and reverse.

thankfully I had the other gears to take me home.

So where should I start trouble shooting? Engine mounts seem fine, But il lift her up and have a second look.

Could this just be the linkages, or a gearbox problem?

Clutch seems fine, and 1st, 2nd, 3rd and revers shift and feel normal.

Any suggestions and advice will be greatly appreciated.

Best wishes,
Yash
1983 Jalpa DLA12066

·
Registered
557 Posts
First place I would be checking is the linkages, not sure why you all of a sudden loose 4th and 5th though. I had a lot of issues getting all the gears when I initially put the gear box & motor back in after a rebuild. But once I played with the linkages at the bottom of the gearbox, I managed to get them all going into gear correctly.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
The fact that it came about during a drive makes me suspect a mount issue. I think your idea of checking the motor mounts is a very good place to start. Famous for breaking and cracking.

Next I would do what Jalpa_Aus suggests. Several stories on this site about alignment issues.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys,

Il lift it up tonight and have a poke around.I think its time to change the mounts anyway.

Best wishes
Yash

1 - 4 of 4 Posts