Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All. The restoration of my Jalpa continues.

As part of this process I decided to replace some wheel bearings only to find that they are very difficult to come by. SKF615645A.

There are some for sale on Ebay but the prices being asked by some vendors is crazy. However Louis at Hayling Industrial in the UK had some remade and is offering them for sale at 165 pounds per pair including postage. [email protected]. tell him i snet you to get the special price. There is nothing in this for me! Just trying to help.

On a similar note. Following a thread I saw somewhere on the net, I also obtained some Mazda 929 rear wheel bearings. These are almost identical - being only 1mm thicker. I got these for 45 pounds each. I have still to test install these as an experiment, but I note now that you need to machine down the spacer by 1mm to allow for the 45mm depth of the bearing compared to the 44mm width of the SKF bearing. An easy job. Apart for that they seem identical.

Ray Edwards

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hi All. The restoration of my Jalpa continues.

As part of this process I decided to replace some wheel bearings only to find that they are very difficult to come by. SKF615645A.

There are some for sale on Ebay but the prices being asked by some vendors is crazy. However Louis at Hayling Industrial in the UK had some remade and is offering them for sale at 165 pounds per pair including postage. [email protected]. tell him i snet you to get the special price. There is nothing in this for me! Just trying to help.

On a similar note. Following a thread I saw somewhere on the net, I also obtained some Mazda 929 rear wheel bearings. These are almost identical - being only 1mm thicker. I got these for 45 pounds each. I have still to test install these as an experiment, but I note now that you need to machine down the spacer by 1mm to allow for the 45mm depth of the bearing compared to the 44mm width of the SKF bearing. An easy job. Apart for that they seem identical.

Ray Edwards
Very good information.

Those bearings are also used in the Urraco (I presume Silhouette too), Espada S2 and S3 and Jarama S.

Laust

1 - 2 of 2 Posts