Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there are o-rings that seal connection from valve covers to(at) sp plug holes and were available. Also are there any shop manual available for Jalpa? Carb. mounting looks a bit challenging to the novice.

Eric

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
No,
there is the same sealing cover material for the plug holes.
I think I have no more of them, can check this...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gaskets

thank you, also do you know what holds down the boxes the carbs are in? is it the carb mount bolts? thanks.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
I suppose you mean the american carb boxes, I can post the picture of the spare parts manual if this helps.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Carb Boxes

Hi Raymond,

Unsure if the carbs have to come off to replace the valve cover gaskets, also you were going to checkto see if you had the gaskets that seal the sp plug holes.

thank you,

Eric

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
John, he's referring part #23 and #24 of the picture.

I'll check this evening if I have them, got late yesterday when I installed my ignition box on a LP5000s...

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Eric,

you're a lucky guy, look what I just found in my parts collection, If I knew that you need them also I would have sent them together with the big gaskets in the same parcel.
BTW did you get it?

To remove the cam cover you can leave the carbs, the front cover should be accessible through the service opening from inside the car (depends on the vin, from around 300 they have this window in the firewall)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Carb Boxes

Raymond,

where are the mounting bolts for the carb boxes?, cannot seem to find them, i do have the service window in the cabin.

Could you send me the other gaskets, paypal again.

Thank you,

Eric.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
carb boxes

it appears the carbs hold down the carb boxes by the carb mounting bolts, if anyone knows if this is the case i would appreciate it.

Thank you,

Eric.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
No, just send $30 for the other gaskets, this should cover delivery and paypal fees, they left on Monday and should arrive within one week.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts