Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I made a trip this last weekend from Vancouver, WA to Bend, OR to attend the Oregon Festival of Cars. This is the third time I have made the roughly 350 mile round trip in the Lamborghini. I drove the Jalpa at night, in the day, in hot and cold, over mountain passes and through pouring rain. I used almost every function the car has at some point. Everything worked great. I had a couple electrical quirks, but they were brief and quickly resolved themselves. It was wonderful to enjoy the results of the work I have been putting in lately. I big trip with no issues was rewarding.

The icing on the cake was a little drifting. Coming off the highway near home, I stayed on the throttle through a tight turn. Rain was heavy and the car came loose more than I expected. I have done a little rally and had several lanes to play with. Took the car through the whole turn with the rear hanging out. Giggles the rest of the way home. It was a good trip!

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Sounds like fun.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
I made a trip this last weekend from Vancouver, WA to Bend, OR to attend the Oregon Festival of Cars. This is the third time I have made the roughly 350 mile round trip in the Lamborghini. I drove the Jalpa at night, in the day, in hot and cold, over mountain passes and through pouring rain. I used almost every function the car has at some point. Everything worked great. I had a couple electrical quirks, but they were brief and quickly resolved themselves. It was wonderful to enjoy the results of the work I have been putting in lately. I big trip with no issues was rewarding.

The icing on the cake was a little drifting. Coming off the highway near home, I stayed on the throttle through a tight turn. Rain was heavy and the car came loose more than I expected. I have done a little rally and had several lanes to play with. Took the car through the whole turn with the rear hanging out. Giggles the rest of the way home. It was a good trip!
Found by Chance this Topic: https://www.944online.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1461460743/9
Which one is this White car?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The white one belongs to "D.Verrückt" on this site. He did a very extensive write up of his restoration on Lambo-power under the name "Kerplop".

We were hoping to compare the cars now that his is up and running. He ended up having to work while I was in the area, so we did not meet on this most recent trip.

Hopefully in spring we will get the cars together.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I hope to get to see your car next year. I would love a real comparison. Diablo Clyde drove mine so maybe he could drive yours and give us an objective opinion. Lee

1 - 8 of 8 Posts