Lamborghini Talk banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I knew when I bought my Jalpa during the crash I could never lose money. Maybe it was a tremendous investment. I will tell my wife that when I get ready for another car. Lee

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
I'm following this car #FLA12237 since 2010,
Angelo Pegno, Oyster Bay, NY (1987)
Austin McCarthy, Boone, NC, USA.
Angelo Pegno, New York (1991)
registred 85 JALPA formerly HUS 327
2010: Motorcar Investments, Raleigh, North Carolina
it always got more expensive but still doesn't have the correct air filter setup.
My first question would be: "where is the original air filter box", since for such a price tag all original parts must be with the car.

Also, where is the spare wheel and the toolkit???

·
Registered
3,070 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think you owners are in for a big surprise soon. Only 410 of these cars made! Of course, you all know that! But if a 1962 Corvette is bringing $65 to $120,000.00 it won't be long.
I know we all HOPE so but the day is soon coming when the Jalpa in first class shape will break the 100,000.00 mark! I really believe this. Now there are several of those 410 - the wrecked/ burnt ones that are exceptional. And just like the 1957 thru 1962 Corvettes of which their are MANY, MANY, more than Jalpas. By the way my Jalpa has the mirror installed on the passenger front fender. In front of the passenger door. They are electric and there are NO holes in the door for the mirror. Looks like it was that way from the factory. In 1984. The turbo mirror. as ANYONE ever seen a photo of this type anywhere on the Jalpa? I have seen a few Countach's (early/ mid) done this way. I would love to find out WHO this car was originally built for? My car has just over 9,000 kilo's. on the odo. It has been in storrage for since I have owned it starting in 1990. The previous owner had it garaged for 4 that I know of and possibly longer. It rarely got driven. I am sure I wll have some issues whenever I start to fire it up. It has been dry all this time and on blocks (jack stands). I need a windshield is my problem. I am a retired teacher and will not pay what they are asking for a windscreen! A fella from the UK told me he used a US van windscreen and had it cut down with a water jet. I need to know which van and I need a pattern from someone who has a glass. My car bumped a palm tree in between the headlights. Since fixed with a complete front end from another Jalpa so there is one less.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Can you post some pictures and the VIN?
Also would be interesting to know about the other one you got the front from.

·
Registered
182 Posts
If mirrors are fitted on the front fender it's an early Jalpa, as Raymond said it'll be nice to know the Vin of your car and have some photo, it'll be nice also to know from wich cars the parts are taken. Are you know if there's other damage at the front? radiators...Is the oïl cooler is at the front? are the front light body were changed?

I think you owners are in for a big surprise soon. Only 410 of these cars made! Of course, you all know that! But if a 1962 Corvette is bringing $65 to $120,000.00 it won't be long.
I know we all HOPE so but the day is soon coming when the Jalpa in first class shape will break the 100,000.00 mark! I really believe this. Now there are several of those 410 - the wrecked/ burnt ones that are exceptional. And just like the 1957 thru 1962 Corvettes of which their are MANY, MANY, more than Jalpas. By the way my Jalpa has the mirror installed on the passenger front fender. In front of the passenger door. They are electric and there are NO holes in the door for the mirror. Looks like it was that way from the factory. In 1984. The turbo mirror. as ANYONE ever seen a photo of this type anywhere on the Jalpa? I have seen a few Countach's (early/ mid) done this way. I would love to find out WHO this car was originally built for? My car has just over 9,000 kilo's. on the odo. It has been in storrage for since I have owned it starting in 1990. The previous owner had it garaged for 4 that I know of and possibly longer. It rarely got driven. I am sure I wll have some issues whenever I start to fire it up. It has been dry all this time and on blocks (jack stands). I need a windshield is my problem. I am a retired teacher and will not pay what they are asking for a windscreen! A fella from the UK told me he used a US van windscreen and had it cut down with a water jet. I need to know which van and I need a pattern from someone who has a glass. My car bumped a palm tree in between the headlights. Since fixed with a complete front end from another Jalpa so there is one less.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I will have to dig to find my title. It is an 1984. Red/black accents. Tan interior. The front end section was from Arizona GT cars I think. It was undamaged. metalic sort of and a salmon color. I worked for Exotic Car in Ft. Myers then in addition to teaching. I have the oil cooler, radiator, and the lighta were never rally hurt. I have new grills, front air dam, This car will need carpet. I would trade it for either a 56-57 Corvette or a 1961-62 Corvette with the hard top!!!! The Corvette need not be restored but complete with all windows, chrome, and a new interior kit. I do not care about the correct engine nor suspension as I will make it into a gasser. It will be my last one if it happens. I have my old drag race engine, trans, straight axle assy, and differential. I have 30 other cars. I build and restore cars as I have done for 45+ years. 5 World of Wheels firsts. This was the ONLY way I was ever able to own nice cars. I have only NOW even mentioned this to anyone! I have been looking for the Corvette for the past 8 years.

·
Registered
3 Posts
A further note on my Jalpa, I have an original wing off of an '86. A professional MOLD of the front bumper and spoiler too. This car has the Ansio (sp) exhaust on it too. Really great sound when it is running. It has the 4 carbs on the engine with correct air cleaners. This car is ALL correct.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts

·
Registered
3,070 Posts

·
Registered
3,070 Posts

·
Registered
3,070 Posts