Lamborghini Talk banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Still have a right rear Fender and a left door in my stock... just if you would Need them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Hi guys....

sorry not been on with any updates for a while, she has been acid stripped and dipped.... then fully e-coated ( yes before work begins but stops any corrosion while being stood / worked on) and will be back this friday... woo hooooo
so will have some more pics then...

what i am trying to find is a full set of suspension bushes and rubber donuts for the rear subframe.... any ideas ?

jim

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Cheers for that ray but I think we are all good on those panels, spent a bit more time on her today and after removing all the filler and warming the panels up it came good. I should of worn ear plugs though ..... Still got ringing in my ears ...
If you search my thread, you will see how I made them, new OEM are too damn expensive.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
You can make any bushings on the car using liquid urethane.Check my post on motor mounts.I am about to make some other bushings this weekend. Prothane sells the stuff. It is easy and better than rubber.Plus it is only 27 bucks a quart Lee

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I Know its been ages, but our other seasonal work has taken over recently...

we have the engine 'finally' and could do with some help on sourcing a few parts....

full gasket set, carb linkages, oil cooler and filter housing ( not been on there for a while )

and anything else any of you can see missing lol...

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
You can make any bushings on the car using liquid urethane.Check my post on motor mounts.I am about to make some other bushings this weekend. Prothane sells the stuff. It is easy and better than rubber.Plus it is only 27 bucks a quart Lee
Cheers for that lee, prob is i dont have the motor mount to copy.... i have 4 of the subframe rubbers.... all in various states.... ( we got this in bits and stages....) its hard work to work it all out lol....

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I may still have the mould I made. If so I will send you the dimensions. I will look for it. Order your head gaskets fro Cometic. I has them make a Jalpa set twice and they have the dies. Cheap and better than stock.Just make sure to seal around the water jacket holes. Make sure to check the exhaust valves as they are prone to break. I found a substitute spring that works great. Also I have plenty of good stock springs and valves if you need any.Also if you use the stainless head studs for dodge cummins turbo diesel from ARP they work great and can be torqued to 85 Plus foot lbs. You need 2 sets of 10. Italian car parts has the complete gasket set but a little pricey. Just order without head gaskets. Check all my posts on the heads.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Fantastic post. These in my opinion are some of the best posts. It is always great to see the work that people are putting into preserving things! Keep up the great work!

·
Registered
6 Posts
RE the blue Jalpa

This car seems to be one of the cars owned by Roy Jackson-Moore. he had three Jalpas over time. I have one of the other cars here in NZ.

·
Registered
77 Posts
This thread jumped 2.5 years or so. Hopefully the car is done now, perhaps someone can contact the shop and see how it turned out, maybe get pictures posted, overall costs, etc?

41 - 56 of 56 Posts