Lamborghini Talk banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
There are 2 types of Jalpa rods...the old style using studs and nuts and the newer style using rod bolts threaded into the rod.

The newer style is easier to work with, but I am not aware of any changes in the forging or rod material.

30 years ago there were motor pieces readily available from stalled rebuilds or broken motors. This is no longer the case, and the motors are moving into the "old metal category" ...meaning fragile and loosing material strength.

So go easy on the quest for big-power, high RPM, etc. because if you break it... especially the block or cylinder heads...new ones will be either very expensive, hard to find or both :(

Paul

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
That is exactly my problem. I want the Jalpa to make more power but do not want to destroy the engine, transmission or running gear. I already priced a set of custom heads. 20K. They would make a lot of power without having to raise rpm . Also what has been the experience of you guys with Turbos. Any related breakage issues? How much boost are you running. With the weight of the Jalpa, 250WHP is not enough. 400 would make the car snappy and 500 well...….. Maybe I will just buy a G and twin turbo it and leave the Jalpa alone.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Maybe I will just buy a G and twin turbo it and leave the Jalpa alone.
Honestly this would make much more sense.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I am sure you are right. I should leave the Jalpa where it is and buy something I can boost or work on that will be easy to get parts and not hurt value. It is going to be 8 or 9 months till I get my new house and shop built . I just need a project to carry me until then. I get bored and start building things. I had already fabricated all the turbo manifolds, intakes and hardware . I even spent 2500 on a turbo last year. Makes it hard. The problem is that I do not want the lambo to be modern and the turbo involves injectors, crank trigger, computer, etc. . I guess I can put it on something else. Hey does anyone know of a Countach or? restoration project. Lee

21 - 24 of 24 Posts