Lamborghini Talk banner

Jalpa Maintenance?

5673 Views 14 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  raymond
Ok I'm still saving and still researching more info on these cars. Still to this day I'm wanting to find a Jalpa, restore it and make it mine. New condition or used it's what I want to do.

Anyway, to get to the point (and spare you paragraphs of rambling on about random things) I was wondering as far as money input - How much do you (speaking from an owner's perspective) spend per year on maintenance on these cars.... Now given some people like to work on the car themself and do it themselves on some things, others will pay to have it all done without the hassle. I plan on doing some or most of the work myself, I like tinkering with things and spend almost all of my free time working on my 2 lovely projects right now. But either way, there is always the cost of parts... so how much am I looking for things like parts, problems, etc. I would simply just like some input from some owners if you have any time. Also, are there any oddities in these cars that make daily driving a pain? I know that I've found website listing off specific problems with specific cars (not the Jalpa as an example, actually I haven't found one yet) but as an example some cars make an odd sound when you shift (only to find out that's just how the throwout bearing is made, etc..) or a light doesn't come on (specific wiring in specific years.... bad fuses in specific years....) things to watch out for basically. Is there anything listed that you can think of? I just want to be prepared if or when I do find one and have the chance to begin restoring one of these cars.

Thanks for your time for reading and responding,
Derek.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not worried about it, just am looking for numbers to weight and see what I want to get into as far as an exotic. So far I'm convinced a Jalpa would be a fun 1st. Thank you much for the link, I'm looking at it now.

· Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would most definitely plan on cleaning up the little things and what not. As far as the common problems, etc, the site was a good reference. Looks like I'll still be aiming for a Jalpa :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.