Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I trust all are well.

So ive begun on the process of engine removal and transmission disassembly to get to my root of my transmission not shifting into 4th and 5th.

Ive sent my Jalpa to a mechanic who is well known for working on older Ferraris, mostly 308s, but hes never worked on a Jalpa.

Does anyone have any teardown pictures, or information that I can give to him to help not mess up my gearbox?

It seems that the selector fork bolt has either come loose or sheared off, and is sitting at the bottom of the gearbox.

any special tool information, and torque setting values will be greatly appreciated.

Ive seen the part diagrams so far, but actual pictures will help.

My Jalpas VIN is DLA12066 so Im not sure if it has the early transmission or one of the ZF ones.

Happy cruising,
Yash

·
Registered
630 Posts
No ZF anything here ! The Urraco/Jalpa gearbox is derived from the Miura one, but is simpler.

Nothing special about break-down...but parts are spectacularly expensive.

R&R in 1985 might have been $ 1000 for parts...now $ 10K + :(

Paul

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Preo and Raymond.

Ive had my Jalpa for about 5 years now. I havent really spent any serious money on it so far, so I figure its time to bite the bullet.

Hopefully the only real parts I will need are the actual bolt that connects the fork to the shaft, But I saw the price of gaskets on Italiancarparts and had to look twice and rub my eyes.

I Have a mill and a lathe, so if anything else breaks, Im going to see if I can make a replacement myself.

Raymond, any idea if someone has pictures of the the actual Transmission teardown ?

Thanks again. This forum has saved me a lot of money so far.

·
Registered
630 Posts
When you are in there you need to pay attention the differential gear (crown and pinion mesh)...also the synchros. The problem is that drivers get frustrated with the clumsy shifting action and start yanking the stick...that is what causes shifting fork mis-location/breakage.

Included is someone's P-250 transmission

Paul

Attachments

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
If you make the parts, make sure you use really high grade steel and have the parts hardened or heat treated to the same level as the part being replaced. Keep us posted. I need to open mine to change seals

1 - 6 of 6 Posts