Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you paint the engine deck lid on the jalpa from black to body color? I noticed most of the earler cars have black engine deck lids but I think it looks more pleasing body color. Also is there any benifiet to buying a newer jalpa compared to the first couple years they wear built, any upgrades that made the newer ones more reliable?

·
Registered
568 Posts
The Deck lid can be painted any color you like... there is no difference in construction as far as I know. As for the different years the first 70 or so engines had a head spacer in them to make them 3.5 liter engines as opposed to the 3.0 liter engine. Also some of the later cars had some small differences, but for the most part they are the same.

The Jalpa shares more parts with the countach than most people think. Gauges, cables, spare tire, thermostate valve, some HVAC controls, vents, carpet, leather, etc. The list goes on.

I do know my 88 has more relays than my 85, but the 88 has the same systems... I do not know what the "extra" relays are for, but the car runs fine!

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
The first 100 cars had the decklid painted satinblack, later the decklid and air intake was painted in the car's colour. On my car the decklid is black but the air intakes are acapulco blue like the car, since acapulco blue is very dark you can hardly see the difference. :wave:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.