Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To replace the clutch on a jalpa is it the same as a countach, do you have to remove the engine? How long does a clutch last on a jalpa?

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
To replace the clutch you have 2 possibilities:

1. take the engine out, takes about 3 hours to remove and about 4-5 to install again
2. remove the left suspension and take the gearbox away, takes also some 4-5 hours

My Jalpa has now 71 tousand kilometers and runs still with the first clutch...
The clutch plate itself is a common Sachs part which is also used for the BMW M5 of that time, the pressure plate is specially to the Jalpa also from Sachs.

·
Registered
331 Posts
raymond said:
To replace the clutch you have 2 possibilities:

1. take the engine out, takes about 3 hours to remove and about 4-5 to install again
2. remove the left suspension and take the gearbox away, takes also some 4-5 hours

My Jalpa has now 71 tousand kilometers and runs still with the first clutch...
The clutch plate itself is a common Sachs part which is also used for the BMW M5 of that time, the pressure plate is specially to the Jalpa also from Sachs.
Is the Countach clutch disc also from a BMW? Let's say 635 Csi?

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Is the Countach clutch disc also from a BMW? Let's say 635 Csi?
I've been thinking about this question all day!

With Clutch Rebuilders being as good as they are these days, I think sourcing clutch parts from here & there has become a non-issue. One can have their old clutch rebuilt with better materials than the OEM ever was or ever will be. And cheaper than new also!!

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
John is right, my countach clutch is renewed with the same facings as the use in the DTM, they can handle 700Nm.
Details in the V12-Tech-forum :wave:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.