Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the car all back together. I took it off of the stands today. Car runs great. I went to pull out of the garage and the Clutch pedal went to the floor. There is no pressure at all. It just drops?!?!?! I never had any issues with this in the past. Does anyone have any idea or experience a similar thing? It will not engage the clutch at all. Any info is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
in 80% of all cases the clutch slave that went bad.
See on Jalpa.ch the problems sections and you fill find what to do.
http://www.jalpa.ch/Problems/index.html

Larry did a good restore on his slave cylinder, I had mine also fitted with new joints. You have to hone it first and the take new joints that's all.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
raymond said:
in 80% of all cases the clutch slave that went bad.
See on Jalpa.ch the problems sections and you fill find what to do.
http://www.jalpa.ch/Problems/index.html

Larry did a good restore on his slave cylinder, I had mine also fitted with new joints. You have to hone it first and the take new joints that's all.

I am unclear as to what needs to be honed. I am guessing the opening that the slave cylinder goes into? Do you have a part number on the Alpha Part?

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
David,

you didn't read the page correctly, the Alfa part does not fit!
You need to hone the inside of the slave cylinder for cleaning only and then install new joints, costed me 25 bucks at a part dealer.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Rebuild Kit

David,

Use this kit (Raybestos # CSK1359)

Look at the picture and you'll see it has a double seal.

I rebuilt mine with this and it works great.

Make sure the hydraulic line is clear of the exhaust and it is not leaking anywhere.

- Good Luck

- Larry

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. Larry, I referred back to the old site and found your previous thread. (After I re-read Raymonds site) I have to learn to read twice and do once :D
Anyway, I took it all apart. The seal was bad. I honed and replaced With CSK1359 parts. While bleeding the slave cylinder I found a small pin hole in the line. So I'll have to replace that in the morning. Thanks again for all your help.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ltadmin said:
Yoi're starting to sound like a carprenter!!!

:p

or should I say Master Carpenter!! :kiss:
(and for all you guys that don;t get the joke!!! It's Measure Twice & Cut Once!!!)
:D I am starting to think there isn't a part of this car that I haven't redone. I have had it for 2 years and only drove it about 20 miles. I need to get it back on the street. :mad:

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
I've done the opposite, I own my jalpa now 5 years and drove almost 30t kilometers..., the countach got 26t kilometers in 4 years :wave:

·
Registered
568 Posts
David,

Any new pictures of the work you did in the engine bay?

Congrats on almost driving your car! :rolleyes:

David

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
raymond said:
I've done the opposite, I own my jalpa now 5 years and drove almost 30t kilometers..., the countach got 26t kilometers in 4 years :wave:
Thanks for rubbing it in!! :)

·
Registered
228 Posts
detour_racing said:
I have the car all back together. I took it off of the stands today. Car runs great. I went to pull out of the garage and the Clutch pedal went to the floor. There is no pressure at all. It just drops?!?!?! I never had any issues with this in the past. Does anyone have any idea or experience a similar thing? It will not engage the clutch at all. Any info is greatly appreciated.

A cold morning and I went to move my car and sure enough clutch to the floor. Fluid on the floor under the engine. Topped up the container and pumped the pedal and got the clutch back. I assume it is a seal.
Where can I get the Raybestos part recommended?
thanks,

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
JalpaJeff said:
A cold morning and I went to move my car and sure enough clutch to the floor. Fluid on the floor under the engine. Topped up the container and pumped the pedal and got the clutch back. I assume it is a seal.
Where can I get the Raybestos part recommended?
thanks,
Any AutoZone or Napa will have it.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Could someone please post the photo or email me the photo of the Slave cylinder repair kit on this thread? For some reason, my computer won't read it.
[email protected]

Thanks,

·
Registered
228 Posts
did you guys need to replace the whole slave unit or just the internals with that rebuild kit?
Thanks,

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
If you have to replace the whole unit this will cost $500!
Lamborghini used an Alfa slave which is resleeved, this resleeveing costs a lot, so whenever possible rebuild the old one...

I tried the Alfa part, it doesn't work because the pedal way is to less for the larger diameter of the slave.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
JalpaJeff said:
did you guys need to replace the whole slave unit or just the internals with that rebuild kit?
Thanks,

I just changed the internals.

·
Registered
752 Posts
This is what I used. It works better than new. Clean, hone, install kit. Notice the double seal, and improvement over the OEM.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Rebuild kit for P250 Slave Cylinder

Looks good!! :)

I have a sneeking suspicion I will have to do the same for my P250 this winter - haven't isolated the problem yet ... I believe the P250 slave differs from the one used on the Jalpa. Does anyone happen to know? Does anyone have a Raybestos kit part number for a P250 slave? I don't recall seeing one for a P250 or a Jalpa for that matter, the last time I looked through a generic Raybestos book. I assume there is a more common cross for both?

Thanks!!

Bryan
'74 P250S S/N 15622
Indianapolis Indiana USA
[email protected]

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Bill,

I just checked in the two parts manual, the pieces around the cylinder are the same but the cylinder has a different number and looks slightly different.
The jalpa cylinder has the inlet tube for the fluid at the side the P250 at the end.
If you remove the cylinder like I described on the Jalpa Homepage you can check the diameter and go for a rebuild kit.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts