Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone with a Euro spec Jalpa do me a big favor???

Over the Christmas break I am finally fixing my carb linkage on the Jalpa.

I need to know how much distance is between the balljoint of the carb and balljoint of the connecting rod. I bought 4 7/8" (about 12cm) linkage from Weber, but it appears to be too long. If someone can let me know, I can order the right length. My guess is that its probably around 3 to 3 1/2" inches (or 7.6cm to 8.9cm).

As you can see from the attached photo, I still need to remove that ridiculous connecter that currently attaches to the carb butterfly shaft.

Many thanks!

Mike
Jalpa #12071

·
Registered
3,070 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I finally got it!! Many thanks to Sean at Valtellina Automobili for providing the measurements I needed. He had a Jalpa right out in the shop, and was able to walk over and measure both sides. The L.H. Bank measured 4 inches. The R.H. bank measures 4 1/4 inches.

Its nice to have all that old Mickey Mouse junk removed on mine! It should be much easier to tune and sync the carbs now. Here is what the "new" version of my setup looks like. Compare it to above, and you'll note that stupid connector that joined the 2 carbs throttle butterfly shafts is now gone.

Mike
Jalpa #12071

1 - 3 of 3 Posts