Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm doing dist cap, rotor and coil on my 92 Diablo. I read that the mid 90 Jag V12 coil is the same. It's NAPA # ECH IC149..here's a pix...looks like it will work..has anyone used this?

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw your post on the TR coil... still Shelton would slam me. The jag coil is $85 ea.. Tell ya what, I'll call Shelton on the am for the heck of it. The Jag stufrf is available right from NAPA - 2 day service.

BTW - Could the dist cap be any eaiser to get off? Crap what were they thinking with that bottom screw.

Let me ask you this, when you normally do coils do you pull the air box or that large hose in front for more access or just work around it?

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On the Lambo coil there is a small amp on the back attached. Does the TR coil come with the amp unit also?

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool. Looks like I'll go with the TR coils then...

Let me ask you something..kind of techincal and perhaps a stretch...

I'm running straight pipes and was getting a Cat Light because of a bad control unit that the termocouplers plug in to. Disconnected them at the control unit and light went away.

Now, on a FCar, the FI is designed to bring the Cats up to temp quickly on cold start. If the Lambo system is similar (big if) I'm thinking perhaps the FI is getting a signal that the engine is still cold and thereby running rich. I've been told Lambo's run rich when cold, then lean out. Perhaps that's why I'm blowing high HC's..What do you think? I'm I barking up the wrong tree?

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
The coil looks imilar to a MSD Blaster TFI...
Which is exactly what Burtoni uses for his Diablo Coil Pack...

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Hi Frank,

the HC is 'unburned fuel"...this is indicative of a miss with the high numbers you posted.

The CO is indicative of Lean/Rich & at 1% your engine is not running rich. Rich would be 3% or higher for a FI engine.

Many things can cause a miss....but the CO being spot on, and the HC being so high tends to suggest a starting point with ignition.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Raymond - MSD Blaster has a different connector...2 prong according to their picutre, the lambo uses a 4 prong...

Hazim - Well some say yes and some say no... The only drawback I can see is that it does not Come with the 7 pin amplifer that sits behind the unit. And I'm waiting to hear from the dealer if he will sell the amp seperately, if so, then the jag would work.

FYI - I pulled the forward air box that leads to the outside air intake. Noticed there was a hole... thought I was missing a hose or something, turns out the "hole" is there to blow cold air on the coils to keep them cool.

I'll be ready to write a book on this stuff by the time I'm done :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
so the jaguar coils will work up to a 94 diablo? There is a product from nology that works on 74-81 jaguar v-12. Do you think that would work? What year is the jaguar coil?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts