Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a screw in the right rear tire...slow leak. My floor jack will not fit underneath (from the side)so I got the tool kit out and was going to use scissor jack, from the side I cannot see any place substantial enough for jacking.The owners manual I have doesn't show anything about jacking front or rear. Can anybody suggest the best way to raise the car? I have heard of stories of windshields breaking and don't need that. Thanks,Andy

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Put your hand under the sill about 18 inches forward of the rear wheel. You will come to a small plate, that is the jacking point. Both wheels come off the ground at the same time.

WHATEVER YOU DO DO NOT JACK FROM ANY OTHER POINT, YOU CAN AND MORE THAN LIKELY WILL BREAK THE CHASSIS AT THAT POINT.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Terry,Thanks. I'm pretty sure I have found the spot... a little more than 18"though more like 30" and 15" in from skirt...notch in jack seems to fit. Do you know if right side is right hand thread or left hand thread. I don't have power tools and can't get any lugs to budge either way....idiots that don't use anti-seize or a tourqe wrench.Any suggestions? 01/88 production date, I know how chrysler used to be left (lht) right (rht)Thanks,Andy

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
There are more jacking points on the car but you can't use them with the toolkit jack.
One is the the suspension point near the engine, then you have one behind the front wheel.
These are mainly for a lift, but can also used with a normal jack, if you can't get underneath drive your car onto a piece of wood to get more ground clearance.
You can jack it also where the rear suspenison is near the muffler (left where the two lambada sonds are hanging down), the chassis is strong enough.

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
The wheel bolts are torqued to 80 lbs/ft so they are hard to shift, they are the normal direction of turning, not reversed.

Use a v long T bar.

Have fun

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
For Alu rims 125-130Nm is the recommended value, is this equal to 80lbs :confused:

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Raymond,
Those jacking points you mentioned, are they official ones as my handbook states that the car can only be fifted by the two points I mentioned.
Someone tried to lift my car under the front wishbone and bent it. Likewise they also bent the rear wishbone.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
never use any of the wishbones! they are weak.

You have to take the support where the wishbone joint is attached to the chassis.

I'm in the garage tomorrow and will post some pictures where you can jack it without problems.

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Thanks Raymond, yes I knew about the wishbones being weak, it was at the spray shop they used them to lift the car, despite me telling them at least 20 times not to use any other points. Cost me a lot of money. !! :mad:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the help...newest problem is I got all lugs loose with a 4 foot cheater bar, I had to use a floor jack for support because wheels are so deep,finally all are loose. Next I started to raise the car with the factory scissors jack and just as the tire is about to clear the floor it appears that the screw or female part has stripped...jack will go neither up or down.Do you think it's possible to use a 2"x10" or 2"x12" with the floor jack to spread the load...where's the best spot...transmission? I can only imagine doing this on the side of the road. Thanks again for any input.Andy

·
Registered
221 Posts
Andy,
I have jacked my 1984 Countach up in the past by placing my jack right under the frame rail or bar behind the differential, being carefull not to accidentally hit or lift the differential. This worked fine for me the bar is close to the differential though only about 1.5" clearance so be carefull.

Best of luck, Sincerely Vic

·
Registered
331 Posts
terryjoint said:
Andy,
Just carry a piece of 2 inch wood with you, this will raise the car up enough to get the jack underneath
I don't think you actually need the piece of wood. What I do is lifting the car by myself to rise it on the shocks just a little bit and then I manage to get the jack under the car! Just a thought... :tup:

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Today I took 2 pictures where you can see how to jack a countach with a lift:

Back, at the suspension support near the engine

front, directly behind the front wheel, the chassis is enforced:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts