Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its Saturday and....

I have decided that I need a 40th Anniversary Murcielago, whats a good price to pay for one these days? I was thinking maybe 270k? That sound about right? I don't want to part with the Diablo, so i'm definitely going to have to wait awhile till the Diablo is closer to being paid off. For those with the Murcielago and the 40th, is it worth the extra for the 40th or should I just get a regular Murcielago? Any help is definitely appreciated.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First time that I have seen that one.......are there really any MAJOR differences between a regular Murcielago and the 40th? Something aside from color that makes it worth the extra money? Obviously its a limited edition, but other than that is there?

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
These are the differences;

1) Color
2) Carbon fiber on the leading window edges, not paint black
3) Different slashed back exhaust tips...stainless steal with a different sound
4) Drivers side seats ect...perferated and differnt shade color.......like the
new roadster
5) You get a factory blueprint of the cars engine and electrical system
6) You get factory matched aluminum luggage set
7) You get a placard on the drivers side interior window denoting the car #
8) Some came with navigation
9) Some came with factory BULL imprint floor matts

That's about it.....as of this writing I know of 6 NEW ones in the USA still available, 1 demo with 1100 nmiles, one used one with 3500 miles in Oregon and at least 2 other used ones around........I also know of one BRAND NEW still in plastic wraps at the recieving dock in Boston Mass for Lamborghini....it is still a factory car and NO DEALER wants it right now. A REAL GARAGE QUEEN i am afraid..........

·
Registered
31 Posts
Last August I checked around and you can get one for $210K slightly used, and around $235K brand spanking new.

And, given that it has been 8 months since I checked, I bet brand new ones can be haggled even lower than $235K.

Unfortuatenly the cars only consist of "poser" mods to the car from a regular Murcie rather than "power" mods which would have been ideal...

-J

·
Registered
361 Posts
I was just at manhattan motorcars. The car is still there and i belive it is # 12. Could be off. I spoke with Al Khavari while I was there. And he was really generous with his time even though he knew I wasnt buying anything. good luck with your hunting.

Glenn

·
Registered
78 Posts
Why are these so cheap?

Hey guys -

I got a lock on one of these and was wondering why they don't move like some of the other 2003 Murcies? Is it only the color? Seems that a 40th anniversary car would be something that a lot of people would want to get their hands on. I haven't seen one in person but I may pick this one up. Am I going to be dissapointed in the way the car looks in person?

·
Registered
203 Posts
I talked to a dealer we had here in Utah and he said the reason they don't move them is the rims. They are a weird gray color and are kind of ugly in my opinion. I think it would look great with the new roadster wheels.

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
JYoung said:
Hey guys -

I got a lock on one of these and was wondering why they don't move like some of the other 2003 Murcies? Is it only the color? Seems that a 40th anniversary car would be something that a lot of people would want to get their hands on. I haven't seen one in person but I may pick this one up. Am I going to be dissapointed in the way the car looks in person?
You got it. It's the color. As you probabaly know, only Lamborghini can be painted puke green and still look good. I personally don't mind the color, but would not buy it if given a choice.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Murcielago623 said:
I talked to a dealer we had here in Utah and he said the reason they don't move them is the rims. They are a weird gray color and are kind of ugly in my opinion. I think it would look great with the new roadster wheels.
I can't imagine many 40th Anniversary Murcielagos come through Utah dealers, there is obviously a very limited network here. It would be interesting to see if bigger dealers (Dallas, Orlando, etc.) think the same thing.

·
Registered
68 Posts
wiz357 said:
You got it. It's the color. As you probabaly know, only Lamborghini can be painted puke green and still look good. I personally don't mind the color, but would not buy it if given a choice.
All the anniversary are that green color? I agree, no way I would buy it!! I saw one and thought "who ordered that ugly color", didnt know Lambo made them all that way?

If I knew ALL of them came in that ugly green, then maybe I would thought it special instead of just ugly.

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
The real funny thin about this 40th car is as follows to me......

They produced 50 of these "limited" cars........only thing differnt is paint, color wheels, perferated drivers area, two carbon fiber panels, exhaust tips, luggage and floor matts........now for $300K when you buy this car remember this........

Approx 400 Murcies built 2003......about 240 to the USA.........

50 ARE IN ONE COLOR.......or more thanin another words the MOST pruduced colr for the year.....not that limited to me!!!!!!!

I know of at least 6 of these still sitting and one for sure that is still wrapped in plastic sitting at the lambo dock warehouse in Boston......

Recently I was offered a BRAND NEW one never titled with 121 miles....FULL warranty time to start at purchase for 235K.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts