Lamborghini Talk banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
My wife does the same thing so consequently I love to drive alone and then I can enjoy it all. That is really my therapy time, and she allows me as much as I need (which is a lot)!

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Haha AMAZING.

Mine says "why is the whole door panel cheap plastic"...

OH sweet lord... Bite your tongue bite your tongue Joey...

"please dear. That's not plastic. That's carbon fiber! Don't try and scratch it."

I feel like she will overcome it and get into the car craze. But maybe I'm too hopeful. My daily driver and kid friendly mobile is a heavily modded Audi RS7 and she likes that a lot. So yes... In time... Hopeful for the exotics!

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
Funny as hell but if she is willing to get into your Lambo there is hope. (y)

Registered
That doesn't make any sense, esp on a non special edition. I'm averaging now about about 1200/mi a year, mostly because I have other cars and places I'd like to go where the G wouldn't be well-suited for it. Thankfully, I got my 08 used a few years ago so someone else ate all the depreciation. At this point, even during COVID, I could sell my car and it'd have better resale than a Lexus, which is not too bad I think.

Premium Member
It appears that I鈥檓 the only 鈥渋diot鈥 that eats that depreciation every time. Thats the price I pay for having to have a spec,d to my liking car. I keep saying this is the last time, so just for the record and to keep things straight, this is the last time!

Registered
I don't think there is anything wrong in paying to have a spec'd car the way you created it. Something definitely to be said about that.

I'm the "idiot" that can't keep anything stock and has to modify everything. Voiding warranties and what not. That is always a losing game. But you pay to play. Your game is just different than mine that's all.

Registered
I've always felt people should have the right to spend their own money the way they feel. If you earned it, do with it as you please. You can't take it with you anyway.

Plus anyway, we all have our vices. Just buying a G is pretty silly if you think about it, LOL. So many would admonish against that.

Then again, I have friends that own $2MM 1000 sq/ft bungalows in Santa Monica and I think that's pretty silly.

Premium Member
It appears that I鈥檓 the only 鈥渋diot鈥 that eats that depreciation every time. That's the price I pay for having to have a spec,d to my liking car. I keep saying this is the last time, so just for the record and to keep things straight, this is the last time!
I hear you Russ,
As they say 'shrouds don't have pockets' and 'hearses don't have luggage racks' !
It all about 'smiles per mile'!:)
IMHO, that is the name of the game.
cheers,
john

Premium Member
Well said John! We all are a rare breed in our own ways, but one thing we all have in common is we love our cars.

Registered
Sorry. Meant Squadra Corsa.

Either way... 1 of 50 made. 0 miles driven in 7 years

Cars like that are usually a mechanical disaster unless maintainer properly which includes driving. Letting one of these sit for 7 years, but a new battery and tires before even moving the car, the Gs do not like sitting and will have all sorts of electrical gremlins not to mentions fluid leaks everywhere. I know a few collectors here in South Florida that do not drive there cars which are more like a toy model than anything else, all fluids removed via vacuum, everything sealed, cars all on lifts so tires have no load on them -big waste.

Registered
I can agree, yet time and circumstance limit my driving enjoyment so my vehicles get less driven.

As example, I have an 1980's era vehicle w/ - 3500 miles only and a 2000's ear w/ - 11000 miles.
Just no place to spin doughnuts any more LOL.

Available time, traffic congestion (even at dawn) and traffic fines sadly limit my driving enjoyment.

Registered
Definitely not my cup of tea either.

I'm all for having eye candy around, but you gotta get out and enjoy them too.

Makes about as much sense to me as having a table set with a world class meal, just to look at - - -

I do love to stare at my car, and just remodeled the garage so I can hang out in there, watch TV with my sons and be around the car. But we fire it up and drive it too - - -which is the icing on the cake.

Cars like that are usually a mechanical disaster unless maintainer properly which includes driving. Letting one of these sit for 7 years, but a new battery and tires before even moving the car, the Gs do not like sitting and will have all sorts of electrical gremlins not to mentions fluid leaks everywhere. I know a few collectors here in South Florida that do not drive there cars which are more like a toy model than anything else, all fluids removed via vacuum, everything sealed, cars all on lifts so tires have no load on them -big waste.

Registered
Then again, I have friends that own $2MM 1000 sq/ft bungalows in Santa Monica and I think that's pretty silly.
Does seem silly....Until they sell it for $3MM.

Most cars are a depreciating asset, especially if bought new. People are busy with travel, and kids and just living their life. Some people buy cars with the intention of driving them, but time just gets in the way. I haven't driven one of my Vipers in over 7 years. Another one has been over 4 years. And it has been a couple of months since I drove my lambo. Could care less what they sell for, just busy.

Super Moderator
Guys- You know what they say...."The price of the toys, separate the men from the boys."

Premium Member
I do love to stare at my car, and just remodeled the garage so I can hang out in there, watch TV with my sons and be around the car. But we fire it up and drive it too - - -which is the icing on the cake.
I am glad to hear I am not alone! I just can't ever get enough.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts