Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
There was a 2013 Gallardo super trofeo stradale for sale in Toronto a couple weeks ago.

It had only delivery miles! Plastic wrap still On the seats and steering wheel.

Yes, newer than an 06 but this thing literally had never been driven once. And probably won't with the new owner. I'm sure whoever was selling it had more than a few supercars in this kind of condition.

Sad is right. Not sure how a car guy could never be into ENJOYING their CARS. Doesn't make sense to me. True "car guy"? Hard to justify. I'd rather them just buy art. You can't drive art. And other art snobs will still love it.

It's not on autotrader anymore. Maybe sold, taken down, or listed else where. Dud anyone else come across it?

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
163 Posts
Sorry. Meant Squadra Corsa.

Either way... 1 of 50 made. 0 miles driven in 7 years

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If it's truly a collector car purchased for the sole purpose for it to increase in value, fine.....don;t drive it. But like the 06 I posted above, why? There is nothing special about it other than it being a Lamborghini (which is special in it's own right, I will admit).

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
423 Posts
I am new to the supercar/sports car world but low mileage cars are more the rule than the exception. In fact, when I traded my Porsche 2RS with ~5000 miles in 9 months they claimed it was a "high mileage" car???????

·
Registered
163 Posts
If it's truly a collector car purchased for the sole purpose for it to increase in value, fine.....don;t drive it. But like the 06 I posted above, why? There is nothing special about it other than it being a Lamborghini (which is special in it's own right, I will admit).
Agreed. It's not a limited edition Pagani! It's literally a base Gallardo egear... and justing by asking price, someone (or a few) likely lost some good money having that just sit compared to what the original sticker price was. So it was not a collector that went up in price lol. I'm happy to drive my cars, and always will. Money wasted that way feels better than money wasted having that car sit.

Just pure fluke that the dealer in that listing has the same name as your profile last name?

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
12,963 Posts
I am new to the supercar/sports car world but low mileage cars are more the rule than the exception. In fact, when I traded my Porsche 2RS with ~5000 miles in 9 months they claimed it was a "high mileage" car???????
‘that’s pretty funny, but I experienced the same when I sold my first 2008 Gallardo to Newport Beach in 2012 and was told to keep the mileage under 3500 if I want the best trade in value. Typically I drive about 800 miles a year.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Awesome! Tell him GLWS Hopefully she gets the road going time she deserves with the new owner!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Many people will look back and wish they drove their cars more. I just don't get this fad with low miles. But nice of some of you guys to save it for the next guy who will drive it while you're eating up depreciation either way :)

Get out there and drive these cars. Otherwise buy a 1/18 to look at

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
423 Posts
‘that’s pretty funny, but I experienced the same when I sold my first 2008 Gallardo to Newport Beach in 2012 and was told to keep the mileage under 3500 if I want the best trade in value. Typically I drive about 800 miles a year.
I think these dealerships expect us to be caretakers and not drivers. I guess it's a resale issue and recouping your "investment?".:rolleyes: I had fun and with all my GT cars, the 3RS had an MSRP of 218K and I sold that for 240K......don't think that will happen with the Huracan although I got that for 50K under MSRP and it was only 9 months old. I feel if you are not going to drive your car you never really "owned" it........I don't simply want to be a valet. 😂

Attachments

·
Registered
163 Posts
That's a grwat story. That's the difference between the relatively limited special variant car of a 3RS (my dream car btw) and the most produced car Lamborghini has ever made.

You've played your cards well on both those hands! That's awesome man

·
Registered
24 Posts
Investment LOL - if a car is your best investment, switch careers. If it goes up in value 20k, 50k,100k, will it change your life? LOL

I used to dream of these cars, so now that I have them, driving them sounds really good :)

And if I lose an addition 5k due to more miles, whop whop whop

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
423 Posts
That's a grwat story. That's the difference between the relatively limited special variant car of a 3RS (my dream car btw) and the most produced car Lamborghini has ever made.

You've played your cards well on both those hands! That's awesome man

Thank you my friend.......my wife already told me I am not selling the Huracan she has her dibs on that car so if I want another car I will have to add to the collection. Though, she would like to buy another Lamborghini if we get to go to Italy to see it roll out of the factory...... ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
I will say, I made 5k and maybe 10k on another couple cars here and there when selling them.. that **** felt good. Better than making significantly more money working on something.

Happy driving :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Thank you my friend.......my wife already told me I am not selling the Huracan she has her dibs on that car so if I want another car I will have to add to the collection. Though, she would like to buy another Lamborghini if we get to go to Italy to see it roll out of the factory...... ;)
Hmmmm... Time I find a new wife if she's cool like that. Does yours have a sister hahahaha

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
423 Posts
Hmmmm... Time I find a new wife if she's cool like that. Does yours have a sister hahahaha

My wife is an official member of the car crazy crowd. It gets better, if I try to play music in our car she tells me to shut the music so she can listen to the sound of the engine. 😂

·
Registered
163 Posts
My wife is an official member of the car crazy crowd. It gets better, if I try to play music in our car she tells me to shut the music so she can listen to the sound of the engine.
Haha AMAZING.

Mine says "why is the whole door panel cheap plastic"...

OH sweet lord... Bite your tongue bite your tongue Joey...

"please dear. That's not plastic. That's carbon fiber! Don't try and scratch it."

I feel like she will overcome it and get into the car craze. But maybe I'm too hopeful. My daily driver and kid friendly mobile is a heavily modded Audi RS7 and she likes that a lot. So yes... In time... Hopeful for the exotics!

·
Registered
163 Posts
But do tell what car loving chemical or pill you slip into her morning oatmeal...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts