Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is new to me..

A Chinese based company bought Pirelli a couple years ago?

I never knew chemchina bought the italian tire giant Pirelli for billions..

Do you think the integrity of these tires are now compromised?

Just thought I get some opinions as all I've ever had was Pirelli tires on all my cars.

Rectangle Yellow Font Electric blue Magenta

·
Registered
2013 LP560 TT
271 Posts
Doubt they’d buy it for billions and then make crappy tires. It’s a wear and tear part — it would only take one revenue cycle for the word to get out if they mess it up. Wouldn’t make any sense to do that.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,672 Posts
Yes, I will do the Michelin PS4Ss' if and when I need to swap out the tires.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Craftsman also got offshored. Tools are crap, since their offshore facilities in China use lower grade steel and have a different manufacturing process. They do market a higher end line that does use a better forging process.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,066 Posts
I can see the concern, we automatically associate China with cheap.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,672 Posts
Craftsman also got offshored. Tools are crap, since their offshore facilities in China use lower grade steel and have a different manufacturing process. They do market a higher end line that does use a better forging process.
Pray tell.......are you saying the country that gave us the coronavirus would provide substandard products to the world market. Why Angel, I am aghast. :giggle:

• Haha
Reactions: FontusBluG

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I just want to say this i was disappointed the other day waited on natuzzi couch for 7 months.
And when came in it says natuzzi -china.
I just want to say this is my fourth set over the years and the quality is not the same.
It’s just dam shame that all these companies selling out when they pull out a brief case of money.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
You are right kinetic....my issue they want to make everything and want us as consumers....there products are not the best they really cheap out in materials and workmanship just saying.
What’s wrong with manufacturing to be around the world in different countries...they taken the food off the table from many blue color workers...or should i say the CEO’s are at fault for selling out.

·
Premium Member
2022 H EVO RWD on order
2,199 Posts
GE Appliances is Chinese owned…GE!!! I believe AMC too. The company I work for out of Cali was bought by a Chinese company 5 years ago so we had to go through the whole how to handle the conversation exercise. We lost some clients because of it.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,672 Posts
GE?? Even the employees that are offered steep discounts on GE appliances won’t buy them.

• Haha
Reactions: Rcasa20

·
Premium Member
2022 H EVO RWD on order
2,199 Posts
GE?? Even the employees that are offered steep discounts on GE appliances won’t buy them.
Other than the GE Advantium is the greatest creation since sliced bread. Microwave and oven in one. No longer need to heat up the oven to bake cookies or pizza!!

·
Registered
2016 Lamborghini Huracan LP610-4
34 Posts
I had PZeros on my Viper GTS, pre Chinese buy out. I currently have a set on my 18" O.Z. wheels for my S2000 post Chinese buy out. And, there's a set on my Huracan. Great tires. I haven't noticed an appreciable difference in quality. But, I can say that I'm switching to Michelins this summer, not so much out of concern as regards Pirelli, but more out of faith in Michelin from past experience both automotive and motorcycle related, in addition to the great things I hear about the PS4S's.

·
Registered
20 Posts
You are right kinetic....my issue they want to make everything and want us as consumers....there products are not the best they really cheap out in materials and workmanship just saying.
What’s wrong with manufacturing to be around the world in different countries...they taken the food off the table from many blue color workers...or should i say the CEO’s are at fault for selling out.
I completely agree with this and I'm asian lol. Wish they kept it instead of oursourcing, but it is what it is to lower manufacture costs in order to sell to us, the consumers, as a much lower and competitive cost.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
If we would stop out sourcing to China, stop buying from them, they would collapse. We are funding everything including their military. And the money they have to buy up our country is money they make manufacturing and selling to us.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts