Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Italiafest (Feb 4-6)

Track on Saturday at Moroso. This year will have Minardi-Lamborghini F1 car plus Lamborghini factory test-driver Valentino Balboni.

Concours on Sunday.

Info - Jim Kaminski (727) 823-3536

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just got mine in the mail yesterday.

Friend with FCar got his on Friday... they are just going out...

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Valentino told me he will be there, the Minardi was for sale in Bologna at Autospeak for quite a while.
Must be thrilling to drive a Formula 1 with the best engine at that time, yes not Ferrari, Lamborghini was the strongest then!
They installed the Lambo engine into the McLaren and Senna drove 4 (!) seconds faster in Silverstone than with the engine they had during the season.
He insisted at Ron Dennis to get this engine but Peugeot gave McLaren money for using their crap-box. Finally Chrysler retired from Formula 1... :mad:

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Raymond.... You going? This post might be too late. I'm heading for Moroso in a few minutes and will be at Concours. Red/Tan Diablo.

If you get this post...what will you be driving? How can I find you?

Best
Frank

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Minardi F1 could not be driven due mech dificulties. All they could do was start it up and rev it flooding the people having lunch with exhaust smoke to go with their spaghetti. Not many Lambos's on the track or even not on the truck. Several Ferraris were there. A bit of a let down after the Ferrari Cavallino event. Maybe LAmborghini the company should help finance this event or create their own to help show case LAmborghini.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Pictures, anyone?
Minardi F1 car.
Anyone got the full story on it's mechanical integrity at Moroso?

(Sorry for the scanner quality, and my newb photo-taking)

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Well what do you expect from a Minaradi Formula 1 car?
They are the slowest in the field since many years, lack of money, bad reputation, bad durability. So not really surprising the car didn't run, the car was for years for sale by Autospeak in Bologna.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Water Pump out.

Raymond - excuse previous post, I thought it was the other Raymond...of course you were not coming from CH... lol.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Minardi Lamborghini at Pocono

The Minardi Lamborghini F1 car is registered to be at The Lamborghini Owners Club National Owners Meet at Le Belle Macchine d'Italia - The Largest 3 Day Italian Automotive Event in North America. June 24 - 27
www.italiancarsatpocono.com

Valentino will be there offering rides again in a new Lamborghini to anyone for a donation to charity. Special Guest include The Father of the Lamborghini V12 - Legendary Engineer Giotto Bizzarrini, Former Pininfarina & Ghia designer Tom Tjaarda, Iso Rivolta President Piero Rivolta, other guests will be announced soon.

Italian Cars

1 - 11 of 11 Posts