Lamborghini Talk banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
LOL!

It starts! And it rolls! Woohoo!!!

You know, you take your exotic all apart with the transmission splayed all over the place, when you put it all together again, one wonders....:p

The only casualty was a broken bolt due to misinformation from the Lamborghini torque specs. Not too bad at all.

This clutch feels GREAT.

As I told both Barry and Sean, I thought that my OEM pedal effort was WAY soft which contributed to the next point, the the OEM friction point was the most imperceptible of ANY clutch I've ever had. Almost detrimental infact. I couldn't tell if I was wasting "good" clutch because the friction point was so hard to discern.

Well this clutch brought together the best of both worlds.

1. The pedal effort is straight butta baby. Very soft. Again I thought it wasn't working and why I had to take a vid of the t/o bearing moving as I just couldn't tell. This is better than the opposite, ie a VERY hard clutch.

2. The friction point is now FINALLY perceptible. It bites quite nicely.

I was WAY stoked to go for a drive. A quick spin around the block to make sure there weren't any major leaks or apparent problems and I was OFF.

I went through all sorts of twisties and city driving. (I kept the RPM's under 4000k and throttle less than 50% Sean, don't worry. ;) ) I thought I was driving the crap outta of the car. I drove for about an 1 hour and only went 45 miles! :eek:

When I got back home, I had to back up the lift to store the car. As we all know that "clutch smell", this clutch doesn't have it. Obviously, its made of Kevlar. The smell is more like Latex home paint smell.

Oh well. Its nice to have my car back and this clutch seems to work quite nicely. The ongoing consensus is that the Hi-Tech clutch will last 300% of OEM. I got 13,800 miles out of the OEM so that makes:

13,800 x 3 = 41,400

+

Next clutch change at 55,200 miles. Not bad. That's not even close to "Doltmo" milage! :p

Anyone ever change their kevlar clutch because it wore out?

Sorry for the long post!

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
great write up and update! good to hear everything worked so well!

i think you'll forget how fun it is to get to that hard to reach bolt by your next clutch :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Congrats on doing it on your own - when the time comes, I'm pretty sure the dealership will be changing mine :) On a side note, I slipped the hell out of the clutch the other day by accident :(

·
Vendor
1,764 Posts
LOL!

It starts! And it rolls! Woohoo!!!

You know, you take your exotic all apart with the transmission splayed all over the place, when you put it all together again, one wonders....:p

The only casualty was a broken bolt due to misinformation from the Lamborghini torque specs. Not too bad at all.

This clutch feels GREAT.

As I told both Barry and Sean, I thought that my OEM pedal effort was WAY soft which contributed to the next point, the the OEM friction point was the most imperceptible of ANY clutch I've ever had. Almost detrimental infact. I couldn't tell if I was wasting "good" clutch because the friction point was so hard to discern.

Well this clutch brought together the best of both worlds.

1. The pedal effort is straight butta baby. Very soft. Again I thought it wasn't working and why I had to take a vid of the t/o bearing moving as I just couldn't tell. This is better than the opposite, ie a VERY hard clutch.

2. The friction point is now FINALLY perceptible. It bites quite nicely.

I was WAY stoked to go for a drive. A quick spin around the block to make sure there weren't any major leaks or apparent problems and I was OFF.

I went through all sorts of twisties and city driving. (I kept the RPM's under 4000k and throttle less than 50% Sean, don't worry. ;) ) I thought I was driving the crap outta of the car. I drove for about an 1 hour and only went 45 miles! :eek:

When I got back home, I had to back up the lift to store the car. As we all know that "clutch smell", this clutch doesn't have it. Obviously, its made of Kevlar. The smell is more like Latex home paint smell.

Oh well. Its nice to have my car back and this clutch seems to work quite nicely. The ongoing consensus is that the Hi-Tech clutch will last 300% of OEM. I got 13,800 miles out of the OEM so that makes:

13,800 x 3 = 41,400

+

Next clutch change at 55,200 miles. Not bad. That's not even close to "Doltmo" milage! :p

Anyone ever change their kevlar clutch because it wore out?

Sorry for the long post!
Thank you for great comments on our Kevlar clutch.

As I told you before, you'll have best of both worlds with our Kevlar clutch. You'll have a lighter pedal pressure but at the same time you'll have a very nice linear engagement.

You've done a great job. I can't believe that you did it so fast.:wave:

61 - 67 of 67 Posts