Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having couple issues with my murci lp640:

1. My stereo with backup camera doesn't turn on. (It was working before) I do have alpine amp and subwoofer though, I did check fuses on the passenger seat and all seem to be fine.

2. Unlocking driver side door via key fob is not working although passenger door is working. (Right now, I'm having to unlock using key manually)

Any possible causes?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm not sure on the backup camera issue, but number 2 sounds like a door lock actuator issue. My car wouldn't lock at all with the fob and then would lock and immediately unlock if I used the key manually. Turned out to be a bad door lock actuator that I replaced. They are only about $70-80 a piece and are a known failure on the Murcielagos. I went ahead and replaced both and did the door struts while I had the door panels off. I believe the issue with the door lock actuators is that water drips down between the glass and ruins them. They have a cheap looking little plastic raincoat over them to "protect" them from water.

Once I swapped out both door locks the car magically works. Please note that for the fob to work all the doors, front hood, rear hood must be fully closed and latched. I also found this out the hard way thinking that my new actuators didn't solve my problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts