Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Administrator
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As soon of you know, I placed an order for Urus and STO a little while back. I am not sure if I’ve ever encountered a more clueless GM in my life.

Where it got really interesting is when I had them consign my car. Upon listing it, the GM wanted to have a call with me about the price of my car. Before I mentioned my price, he started to tell me how he thought the market on Performantes was about 285k at the moment, let alone mine which is arguably the nicest and rarest color. I told him he had zero clue what the market is which is quite strange for a GM of a lambo dealer, but when I met him he didn’t strike me as a very knowledgeable guy. Nevertheless, the car had a buyer in one day for my asking price; go figure.

This is where it gets interesting. When they asked to pick up my car, I said no problem, I just wanted to see my allocation in Loom first. This is when he started to get flustered and started to lie through his teeth. Now he is telling me he doesn’t know when his allocations come in, if he will get any or if I’ll be able to get one. If you ask around, all dealers know what allocations, if any, they get around the 2nd week of every month. I’ve heard my horror stories about them and now it’s clear to me they are true.

They expect you to order a car and not tell you when or if you get an allocation. They do this to give them to whoever they want or keep them for stock cars to make as much money as possible. They even tried to keep customers ordered cars to resell them over sticker.

My suggestion is stay away from them; especially Dan the GM who is the least knowledgeable dealer GM I’ve ever come across. I have Since moved dealers and thankfully my relationships with dealers goes far.

Hope this Helps someone else in the future. Stay Away!

·
Registered
206 Posts
As soon of you know, I placed an order for Urus and STO a little while back. I am not sure if I’ve ever encountered a more clueless GM in my life.

Where it got really interesting is when I had them consign my car. Upon listing it, the GM wanted to have a call with me about the price of my car. Before I mentioned my price, he started to tell me how he thought the market on Performantes was about 285k at the moment, let alone mine which is arguably the nicest and rarest color. I told him he had zero clue what the market is which is quite strange for a GM of a lambo dealer, but when I met him he didn’t strike me as a very knowledgeable guy. Nevertheless, the car had a buyer in one day for my asking price; go figure.

This is where it gets interesting. When they asked to pick up my car, I said no problem, I just wanted to see my allocation in Loom first. This is when he started to get flustered and started to lie through his teeth. Now he is telling me he doesn’t know when his allocations come in, if he will get any or if I’ll be able to get one. If you ask around, all dealers know what allocations, if any, they get around the 2nd week of every month. I’ve heard my horror stories about them and now it’s clear to me they are true.

They expect you to order a car and not tell you when or if you get an allocation. They do this to give them to whoever they want or keep them for stock cars to make as much money as possible. They even tried to keep customers ordered cars to resell them over sticker.

My suggestion is stay away from them; especially Dan the GM who is the least knowledgeable dealer GM I’ve ever come across. I have Since moved dealers and thankfully my relationships with dealers goes far.

Hope this Helps someone else in the future. Stay Away!
Lol people wish performantes were going for $285k right now... especially in your spec. Curious, if you don't mind sharing, what was your number?

By the way, it's sad to see Lamborghini dealers heading into a direction of service you would expect from average brands. When I bought my performante spyder, there were two chips on the passenger and driver rear rims that you can't see from far. Not a big deal as it just needs a touch up and it's very small. However, this was never disclosed to me. I rather have them tell me upfront, instead of me finding it on my own. Totally changes my feelings towards them.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Actually each dealer knows the total STO's they've been allocated. It's all in the LOOM and each allocation will have an order assigned. The only thing is they don't know what production month each allocation will be assigned hence why they tell customers they can't tell you what month your car will be assigned.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,677 Posts
One good thing, you got a great deal on the sale of your Performante. Though, as we all well know, the market won't stay in the stratosphere forever...........

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,677 Posts
I did not give them the car to sell it. I will be listing it on bringatrailer this week. I have already submitted it.
I see good luck.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Lol people wish performantes were going for $285k right now... especially in your spec. Curious, if you don't mind sharing, what was your number?

By the way, it's sad to see Lamborghini dealers heading into a direction of service you would expect from average brands. When I bought my performante spyder, there were two chips on the passenger and driver rear rims that you can't see from far. Not a big deal as it just needs a touch up and it's very small. However, this was never disclosed to me. I rather have them tell me upfront, instead of me finding it on my own. Totally changes my feelings towards them.
unfortunately, the service you get from 'average' brands is often much better than prestige brands. I don't know if you consider Lexus an average brand (I have a very favourable view on Lexus due to their fanatical devotion to quality, but that's just because I'm geeky) but their customer service is miles better than many prestige brands.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I did not give them the car to sell it. I will be listing it on bringatrailer this week. I have already submitted it.
This will be interesting to watch. BAT has some wild variations in what cars end up getting. You might luck out and get two testosterone-fuelled bidders trying to outdo each other with zero regard for the final price and end up at $400k. There was a Mclaren 600lt that went over MSRP this week; those things are depreciation bombs even in this market. Can easily be found with low miles for $50k+ below MSRP

·
Registered
67 Posts
I just placed an order with them Yesterday for a RWD Evo. The sales associate was really nice and went above and beyond. I hope I don't run into any issues when the car is going to be delivered in about 8 mos.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,677 Posts
I just placed an order with them Yesterday for a RWD Evo. The sales associate was really nice and went above and beyond. I hope I don't run into any issues when the car is going to be delivered in about 8 mos.
I think you are pretty safe buying new. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Ask for the loom screen shot...to validate your order if they dont show you...i would be concern.
Also you get a email directly from lamborghini with header like this
Assignment Notification - Mr. Your name - Automobili Lamborghini spa

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,677 Posts
Ask for the loom screen shot...to validate your order if they dont show you...i would be concern.
Mike's order will not be submitted until December/January time frame so, the LOOM screenshot will not show much. He could ask for a "Full Spec Detail Report" which will show an order number.

Good luck getting the car in 8 months.
Hmmmmmm..........that bad?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,066 Posts
I think 8 months is quite reasonable. In a perfect world that could easily be 6.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts