Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it true that Many people have clocked their Diablo 6.0's 0-60 in 3.4 seconds :eek: I have heard from some owners that they have achieved this super fast acceleration. Owners here: Do you think you have accomplished this? Or is the acceleration still around 3.6-3.9 seconds, Thanks :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
hey nice signature. ;)

On the 0-60, I wont time it because I like my clutch and 4wd components. I'm curious what others have clocked at of course. :)

-Ben

·
Registered
464 Posts
With the proper launch you can get those numbers. It would have to be perfect.
Its the way Lambo itself launches to get those numbers

·
Registered
464 Posts
True ben. You cant get too many.
I read an article about the 6.0 how the clutch only lasted 1000 miles after doing a few wrong launches. The wrong launches were done by the magazine test drivers.

·
Registered
72 Posts
sk90077 said:
With the proper launch you can get those numbers. It would have to be perfect.
Its the way Lambo itself launches to get those numbers
Well how would you go about doing a perfect lauch? 0-60 in 3.4 secs, I imagine you would be redlining it a lot, so would a perfect lauch still hurt the car. And was the 0-60 in 3.4secs done on the stock parts?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lamborghinievoluzione said:
Well how would you go about doing a perfect lauch? 0-60 in 3.4 secs, I imagine you would be redlining it a lot, so would a perfect lauch still hurt the car. And was the 0-60 in 3.4secs done on the stock parts?
Yep stock, AJ said he got that in his 6.0SE and I read it in a magazine that it got that time. Wouldnt you only have to red line it in 1st gear though because cant the 6.0 reach 62MPH in 1st :eek:

·
Registered
72 Posts
I know it may sound like dumb question. But how bad is it if you redline a diablo? I mean really redline it. I would imagine it would be bad for the engine in the long run, but since the engine is powerfull wouldnt it be able to handle it after its been warmed up properly?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lamborghinievoluzione said:
I know it may sound like dumb question. But how bad is it if you redline a diablo? I mean really redline it. I would imagine it would be bad for the engine in the long run, but since the engine is powerfull wouldnt it be able to handle it after its been warmed up properly?
Its probly the same for normal cars. Its fine to red line it slightly (dont go past too much) but dont go way past cause that is really bad for the engine.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
This is correct, the 6.0SE is quicker with the OPTIONAL gearing, (not all have them it was a special order, also giving it a higher end of 212 instead of the standard 6.0 of 205mph.)

Also the SE has lighter heads, valve covers and rods, with other weight reducing items, i.e. the titanium carbon threads, different seats ect for a savings of approx 185 lbs over the 6.0 regular.

Then if you add the optional wing, (factory functional) you again have a change due to the drag coff ect...

Mine has all these items. (Brown 6.0SE #19)

I think I could get at least a 3.5/3.6 out of my car. :wave:

·
Registered
23 Posts
The good car factor's in as well. Robert ball of supercars interational has driven at least six 6.0 Diablo's including a diablo 6.0SE with the optional gearing and he said that mine is the quickest hardest pulling 6.0 he has ever driven. At the time he drove mine it had no mods at all done to it. Even with the mods it would take a strong launch to get a 3.4 but yes i would think it could be done. ;)

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have short gears in one of mine and I would guess that its possible, its much faster off the line and down low than the regular gears. I havnt ever clocked it and probably never will but the regular gears feel soft compaired to the short gear box.

It also has alot to do with skill and how many clutches you can afford while practicing your 0-62 accerleration skills. Lambos arnt for drag racing anyways. Enjoy thim for what they are and dont get caught up in the numbers.

·
Registered
72 Posts
LV Eric said:
I have short gears in one of mine and I would guess that its possible, its much faster off the line and down low than the regular gears. I havnt ever clocked it and probably never will but the regular gears feel soft compaired to the short gear box.

It also has alot to do with skill and how many clutches you can afford while practicing your 0-62 accerleration skills. Lambos arnt for drag racing anyways. Enjoy thim for what they are and dont get caught up in the numbers.
I think this quote sums it up nicely. Honestly half a second difference doesnt make too much of a difference, it comes down to the skill of the driver in the end. Anyway theres always gonna be some rice rocket thats gonna beat you. Be happy with your diablo. The diablo is one the fastest cars in the world and IMO the best looking.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts