Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know on my 911 Turbo I just had to disconnect the drive axle and it ran in
2wd perfectly with no check engine lights or traction control issues.

Is there a way the Gallardo can do that?
Or is the system too complicated?
Thanks in advance guys.

·
Registered
10,242 Posts
There are no electronics at all in the AWD system itself. The car should be blissfully unaware that the driveshaft is gone. Don't know id anyone's tried it though.

I can't think of anything funky happening to the front diff, as far from forces acting on it it would be no different than putting the car in neutral and killing the engine while rolling.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's good to hear Greg.. let's see if we can be the first to do a writeup?
I've love to run it in rwd. I kept my 911 Turbo in rwd and it was awesome..
More highend power as well.

·
Registered
10,242 Posts
I'll stick to AWD thanks:) It's kept me from spinning it a few times already. I'm still learning how to maximize the system though, how much power to put in turns, how different inputs cause the car to rotate around its axis more or less in corners, figuring out when the front really has let go (harder to tell since there's less feel - nature of AWD) and how to handle it, etc. Definitely very different than RWD and much more dynamic, a lot of variables to get familiar with.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
That's good to hear Greg.. let's see if we can be the first to do a writeup?
I've love to run it in rwd. I kept my 911 Turbo in rwd and it was awesome..
More highend power as well.
I didn't know it was that 'simple' to do that on the Turbo...easy way to convert your car into a GT2, no?

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pretty much.. minus the suspension differences and weight... limited slip and such.

It was 3 bolts to take the driveshaft off the 911 Turbo.

·
Registered
10,242 Posts
A friend showed me the GT2 RS today. 620HP, even more striped out. Nurburgring in 7:18. INSANE! (still fugly though ;))

1 - 7 of 7 Posts