Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've been wondering if the Gallardo reliable enough to be driven on daily basis? I've heard that supercars aren't meant to be driven on daily basis, is it true? To Gallardo owners here, do you drive it on daily basis?

Cheers

·
Registered
10 Posts
the gallardo will most likely never leave you stranded. in that sense it is reliable. but like any low production car it has some issues with minor problems now and then. if you read this forum you know what some of those problems are. if you live close to a lambo dealer i would not hesitate to buy a gallardo. it is truly an awesome car. good luck

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Lately, I've been driving my Gallardo more than my other cars. No issues with reliability, but it is less practical for some tasks that my Mercedes. For example, I wouldn't leave it parked in a public parking station or take it on a really long trip where comfort is a factor. But it makes going to the office fun, that's for sure. :)

I've done 26,000km, BTW. Last time I looked, that made my car the highest mileage G car on the boards.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I did not get my Gallardo as a daily driver, but when I walk by it in the garage I often can not resist, and end up driving it to work and even on 'errands' often. One word of caution though... it is hard to drive up in one if your work depends on negotiating higher fees for yourself :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have a Lexus LS 430 in addition to my Gallardo that I refer to as my "daily driver," but I drive the Lambo just as often. In fact, it's the car I usually drive to work- I only use the Lexus when I need more room. It's a very reliable car and can be driven in most any condition, thanks to AWD.
Most supercars shouldn't be driven on a daily basis, but the Gallardo isn't your ordinary supercar :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've got about 8000 miles on mine so far. Other than the early issues (water in coils), it's now been running great and I drive it every time I leave my house.

·
Registered
5 Posts
hey gallardo people

If you have a lambo and not driving it on a daily basis.. shame of that. lol

I drive my race car everyday as my daily drive.r.. my only car actually.. well not including my 78 toyota cressida i bought for 150 bucks.. but they thats my winter rally beast which i'll destroy.

My 300zx with suspension technique springs, tokico shocks, front sway bar, yoko es100 tires, 3L v 6 with 165 hp, and 170torque. It is a daily driver, and not the best of race cars..b ut i'll still beat most my competition in sti's, corvettes, turbo or supercharged miatas, whatever it might be.

You should start racing solo2 with yoru cars.. autocross would be very fun

ohh regarding the all wheel drive factor.. thats not really a good thing unless yoru going offroading or in the snow.

First the extra diff and parts add weight.. second you can never get a good launch without ****ing up yoru clutch.. you always have to ease it off the launce. You need a new race clutch if you wanna always drop the clutch for some wheel spin.

if you ever see a zonda.. pagani zonda youll know why its the best car around. But don't get me wrong.. would i love to drive a gallardo.. HELL YEs.
better then my 84 300zx n/a hardtop.. but for value for money.. not the best choice.. but then maybe better value compared to the murci.
I think a new Viper with 500hp and torque for 90 thousand is a better deal. get the convertable or the new coupe. If you ever start looking for even better value.. is the new vette.. put a supercharger on it.. and it ****ing rips.. i race against one actually.. its so ****ign fast. holy ****..

But those are american cars.. and even me.. a canadian.. i'm not a fan.. i prefere the japanese and european cars .. like a SLR or zonda.. nice cars.. or a nice old countach or diablo.. nice yet very beast like drive i hear.. not like the new ones. very refined.. german in their i guess.

best or more fun car to drive for pure handling.. LOtus elise . i've ben in one.. impossible to stop smiling.. instand turn .. best handling.. so light.

i want.

·
Registered
11 Posts
7k miles in 4 months... this G is awasome. it loves to be driven... the hardest part is keeing it clean. be sure to get the clear bra... the rocks do major damage to the hood.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts