Lamborghini Talk banner
81 - 100 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Huracan Evo AWD
41 Posts
Yes, it's loud for like 45 seconds then calms down being in strada by default. Same thing in my 580-2 with the factory race exhaust. I'll never forget one time starting my 580-2 in the garage to leave and it vibrated some utility knife blades in the bottom of the metal garbage can and you could hear it. I'm happy with the EVO sound but preferred the factory race exhaust sound of the 580-2. Lambo techs I've talked to agree as well.

·
Registered
2020 Huracan Evo AWD
41 Posts
Anecdotally, every time I leave my Evo with the valet staff (here in Dubai that is very common at restaurants/hotels), and I turn around and start walking away... when the staff starts the engine (and this is usually after a 20-30 min drive, i.e. the engine is warm), the upstarting sound makes me shrug the shoulders... every single time I look back and I am surprised how loud it sounds...

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,384 Posts
Yes, it's loud for like 45 seconds then calms down being in strada by default. Same thing in my 580-2 with the factory race exhaust. I'll never forget one time starting my 580-2 in the garage to leave and it vibrated some utility knife blades in the bottom of the metal garbage can and you could hear it. I'm happy with the EVO sound but preferred the factory race exhaust sound of the 580-2. Lambo techs I've talked to agree as well.
I completely agree. my 580 with race exhaust was the best of all, although my EVO is good enough to keep me happy.

·
Premium Member
2022 Rosso Mars Huracan STO
17,217 Posts
After waiting months I finally got my allocation or order my Evo. Is the consensus the Titanium exhaust is not worth it?
Congratulations! Regarding the exhaust as you hear repeatedly mentioned the EVO exhaust sounds pretty good right out of the gate and most members feel Akrapovic does not improve the exhaust note that significantly, and certainly for most of us not worth the $15K price tag.

·
Premium Member
21,384 Posts
After waiting months I finally got my allocation or order my Evo. Is the consensus the Titanium exhaust is not worth it?
I would agree with Lambo2018 completely. I went back & forth for months and honestly even if the Akra does sound better it is not worth it. The cars stock system is awesome, and I have had to upgrade all of my cars exhaust till now!

·
Premium Member
21,384 Posts
Cool. Thanks guys. I will stick with stock. Now let the painful wait begin.
You will not be disappointed. The wait will be worth it and you get to have something incredible to look forward to like a little kid, lol

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Okay I was at Lambo Vegas this morning and they had an Akrapovic exhaust on a car yesterday and I missed it. There might be one there when I go to pick up my car from service in a few days.

On the plus side an EVO Spyder came down the hill and pulled in right behind me in the service line. This thing sounded wicked as I saw it come in. So much so that I thought it was a Ryft exhaust or something because I thought no way an Akrapovic could even be that loud. I saw the pipes on the rear and they were stock. I started chatting with the guy and it was stock and he had it in Corsa. Sounded amazing.

I think the thing to do is to have someone else drive by you and downshift so you can really here what it sounds like from the outside versus just driving the car. It was amazing and I'm going to do that.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Okay I was at Lambo Vegas this morning and they had an Akrapovic exhaust on a car yesterday and I missed it. There might be one there when I go to pick up my car from service in a few days.

On the plus side an EVO Spyder came down the hill and pulled in right behind me in the service line. This thing sounded wicked as I saw it come in. So much so that I thought it was a Ryft exhaust or something because I thought no way an Akrapovic could even be that loud. I saw the pipes on the rear and they were stock. I started chatting with the guy and it was stock and he had it in Corsa. Sounded amazing.

I think the thing to do is to have someone else drive by you and downshift so you can really here what it sounds like from the outside versus just driving the car. It was amazing and I'm going to do that.
I am in Vegas (Henderson), hit me up if you want to play with the Akra system.

·
Premium Member
17,217 Posts
Cool. Thanks guys. I will stick with stock. Now let the painful wait begin.
How long until your EVO arrives? One thing I will say, the anticipation as well as tracking the EVOs progress is a blast too.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
I'd assume that you had it done at Lambo Vegas with Ben? I drove down from St. George yesterday and dropped my car off for service and an ongoing transmission issue. I might take you up on that offer.
Ben got it installed shortly after I took delivery. Great team, best dealer experience I’ve had…both sales and service.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Had the opportunity to hear both the Akrapovic and stock exhaust side by side at my local dealer. Honestly from standing in front of both cars volume wise they both sounded identical to me and my wife and some friends, however, the Akrapovic had a slightly deeper tone. Some of us could not tell which car had which. I preferred the stock exhaust over the Akrapovic as it still had that signature "high pitch" racing inspired sound, if that makes any sense that's the only way I can describe it.

The Akrapovic exhaust is not worth the upgrade, my salesmen also recommended not to waste my money on it as they hear it daily vs stock exhausts, being on their demo car.

·
Premium Member
17,217 Posts
Had the opportunity to hear both the Akrapovic and stock exhaust side by side at my local dealer. Honestly from standing in front of both cars volume wise they both sounded identical to me and my wife and some friends, however, the Akrapovic had a slightly deeper tone. Some of us could not tell which car had which. I preferred the stock exhaust over the Akrapovic as it still had that signature "high pitch" racing inspired sound, if that makes any sense that's the only way I can describe it.

The Akrapovic exhaust is not worth the upgrade, my salesmen also recommended not to waste my money on it as they hear it daily vs stock exhausts, being on their demo car.
Great post and thanks for the info but I am not surprised given the EVO stock exhaust is a stellar performer.........it will not disappoint!

·
Premium Member
17,217 Posts
My dealer just submitted my order this week. They said I should be getting the car July/August

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great to hear! All things considered you are very fortunate.

·
Premium Member
21,384 Posts
Could deliver times be improving?

81 - 100 of 114 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.