Lamborghini Talk banner
41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Guys, i tested the Akrapovic a whole day ! Will show you a comparison video tomorrow between regular MY21 RWD and Akrapovic MY21 RWD.

My 2 Cents: it's not worth it, not even a bit. It does crackle a bit more and louder, but that's it. Overall it even sounds more quiet while driving. If you just rev it in P / N it seems a little bit louder (like you will see in the video), but the start-up and sound while driving is more quiet than the stock exhaust.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,006 Posts
Leon, that is interesting but I am not surprised especially given the EVO sounds so good, and in fact, quite a bit better than the 2019 580-2 I had with the Sport Exhaust.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,006 Posts
One other thing Leon, that not just your 2 cents...................it's more like $15,000 USD worth of good advice. 🤣

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
17,280 Posts
Thanks Leon, that’s exactly what I got from the video. I’ll spend my money on something else probably equally as foolish.

·
Registered
2011 LP560-4 Spyder / Blu Fontus
440 Posts
Ok, I know this doesn't apply directly to the EVO (except for the fact it just looks badass) I have Akrapovic systems on TWO cars I own. If I would have relied on videos of them just sitting there revving I probably wouldn't have them. In Fact, even AK's own marketing videos fall short because they pretty much just have them driving wide-open throttle around a track. The beauty of the sound is in the normal driving...and, the 'bark' that they make when changing gears is diabolical. If the new system has the valves like the MY2019-20 system then surely that applies here as well, I can't really tell from the picture there. In the normally aspirated car (LP560) the default setting on the valves is Open, on the twin-turbo car the default setting is Closed. I don't know the science or engineering behind it but I just know it works, and have no desire to have it any other way

·
Premium Member
17,280 Posts
I know video clips can’t do it justice, but the EVO exhaust sounds so good already, the Akrapovic will really have to knock the lights out for that kind of cash.

·
Registered
2022 Huracan Evo rwd (ordered)
84 Posts
Guys, i tested the Akrapovic a whole day ! Will show you a comparison video tomorrow between regular MY21 RWD and Akrapovic MY21 RWD.

My 2 Cents: it's not worth it, not even a bit. It does crackle a bit more and louder, but that's it. Overall it even sounds more quiet while driving. If you just rev it in P / N it seems a little bit louder (like you will see in the video), but the start-up and sound while driving is more quiet than the stock exhaust.
this thread saved me 15k. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Ok, I know this doesn't apply directly to the EVO (except for the fact it just looks badass) I have Akrapovic systems on TWO cars I own. If I would have relied on videos of them just sitting there revving I probably wouldn't have them. In Fact, even AK's own marketing videos fall short because they pretty much just have them driving wide-open throttle around a track. The beauty of the sound is in the normal driving...and, the 'bark' that they make when changing gears is diabolical. If the new system has the valves like the MY2019-20 system then surely that applies here as well, I can't really tell from the picture there. In the normally aspirated car (LP560) the default setting on the valves is Open, on the twin-turbo car the default setting is Closed. I don't know the science or engineering behind it but I just know it works, and have no desire to have it any other way
The Akrapovic on the Urus is a different story than on the EVO. I drove the Akrapovic Friday and Saturday (warm engine and cold engine) on the Autobahn and in the city .. so at all speeds and all engine temperatures.

To be honest, especially while revving the car (indoors) the Akrapovic does sound better, but when driving it the difference becomes much smaller and the overall sound is almost identical or a little bit more dull / deep than the stock exhaust.
Just the amout of backfire / crackles is higher and they sound a bit louder. But the start-up sounds better on the stock exhaust !

There is no technical difference to the stock exhaust in the operation of the valves with the Akrapovic.

I had a big audience during some of the testing and we all concurred we preferred the stock exhaust.

I will show you some really nice comparison videos between some Huracans ..

·
Registered
2022 Huracan Evo rwd (ordered)
84 Posts
The Akrapovic on the Urus is a different story than on the EVO. I drove the Akrapovic Friday and Saturday (warm engine and cold engine) on the Autobahn and in the city .. so at all speeds and all engine temperatures.

To be honest, especially while revving the car (indoors) the Akrapovic does sound better, but when driving it the difference becomes much smaller and the overall sound is almost identical or a little bit more dull / deep than the stock exhaust.
Just the amout of backfire / crackles is higher and they sound a bit louder. But the start-up sounds better on the stock exhaust !

There is no technical difference to the stock exhaust in the operation of the valves with the Akrapovic.

I had a big audience during some of the testing and we all concurred we preferred the stock exhaust.

I will show you some really nice comparison videos between some Huracans ..

View attachment 298914
does your car have the OPF?

·
Registered
223 Posts
No EVO in the US / EU has an GPF/OPF right now ... why do you ask?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Here is part 1 of the test ... i don't know why mine (red one) does make so few crackles this time, normaly the backfire is better as you can see in the other videos.

Part 2 is coming tomorrow or so and will be outside.

Reactions: HKNYKSwiss and Srac

·
Registered
440 Posts
Sorry, sitting still revving in an amplified garage doesn't do anything for me... but the AK is better there

Reactions: Rcasa20

·
Premium Member
17,280 Posts
The one noticeable difference is that the Akrapovic is a little deeper sounding. This seems to be consistent with other clip I have heard. But it sure isn’t worth $15k.

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
Might be Lambo sits on these exhausts and they have to drop the price perhaps. It still wouldn't be enough to make it worth it in my opinion. At this point I might pay 5K installed at the most from what I've heard so far.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I just did a 'video' using my phone from driver perspective. What comes out of the speakers is not even close to what I'm hearing so it's senseless to even post it up as an example. I'm definitely a fan, but $15k IS Brutal. The Lambo tax is strong with this one

41 - 60 of 83 Posts