Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
2021 EVO Spyder RWD (ordered)
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello- new to the community! My 2021 EVO gets in next month and am debating whether to purchase and install the Akrapovic exhaust. Any input from the group is appreciated.

·
Registered
19 Posts
No experience with akro but as the Evo is already straight piped, I don’t see how it could be worth the price. You’ll save weight with any aftermarket exhaust. Though, correct if I’m wrong, it’s the only aftermarket exhaust that doesn’t void factory warranty, so that alone may be worth it.

·
Premium Member
1,898 Posts
Nope, my Evo sounds much better than my Huracan with Fabspeed exhaust did. Just not worth the big expense and ripping apart new car for what would be a very minimal gain at best. Only issue with exhaust is the safety feature that shuts down the crackles and pops when cats get to hot. But an aftermarket exhaust will not change that

Reactions: EVO 007

·
Registered
2021 EVO Spyder RWD (ordered)
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No experience with akro but as the Evo is already straight piped, I don’t see how it could be worth the price. You’ll save weight with any aftermarket exhaust. Though, correct if I’m wrong, it’s the only aftermarket exhaust that doesn’t void factory warranty, so that alone may be worth it.
Correct about not voiding the warranty. Is the sound $15k better? look? Thanks

·
Registered
2022 Huracan Evo rwd (ordered)
84 Posts
I'm ordering the Ak for mine, but haven't heard a comparison(under same surroundings). I don't think its 15k louder, but the warranty is a main reason why I didn't do Novitec( I like the sound better). If you decide to do it, please do a before after video at the shop. Thanks.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hello- new to the community! My 2021 EVO gets in next month and am debating whether to purchase and install the Akrapovic exhaust. Any input from the group is appreciated.
I have the Performante spider with Factory exhaust & Corvette ZR1 with Akrapovic Exhaust - I am very pleased with my decision

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
17,290 Posts
I am going to wait for someone else to get it first and convince me it is that much better than the stock. My EVO stock exhaust is pretty darn good. I would say that it is comparable to my 580's race exhaust.

Reactions: Dee Zed

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
I'm curious as well on the new Akra. Besides shedding some weight. I heard it's not necessarily louder just a different tone/pitch. If that's true how do they expect to sell these at 15k a pop.

·
Premium Member
17,290 Posts
I'm curious as well on the new Akra. Besides shedding some weight. I heard it's not necessarily louder just a different tone/pitch. If that's true how do they expect to sell these at 15k a pop.
Also, does it add any HP?

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Most likely yes, forgot about that. 580-2 race exhaust says up to a 5% gain which was 30 HP. Still not worth 15k to me even with a power bump and some weight loss if it doesn't really sound any louder just a different tone/pitch. They sure know how to tempt some of us Lambo suckers.

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
My 2017 Spyder needed the Akrapovic exhaust. My performance was stock and is even more thunderous. The EVO had essentially the same exhaust so I question whether you will get more out of it.

Reactions: Rcasa20

·
Registered
429 Posts
It doesn't have to sound significantly better. many things are bought because somebody can.

get it. while all huracan evo owners talk, you'll be the cool kid who has the acro - no sarcasm here-

only works for the first one who gets it though.

better, after you buy, don't post any sound videos. just tell how good it is.

Let's create an elite acropovic class among huracan owners.

·
Registered
2022 Huracan Evo rwd (ordered)
84 Posts
It doesn't have to sound significantly better. many things are bought because somebody can.

get it. while all huracan evo owners talk, you'll be the cool kid who has the acro - no sarcasm here-

only works for the first one who gets it though.

better, after you buy, don't post any sound videos. just tell how good it is.

Let's create an elite acropovic class among huracan owners.
Exactly the reason I ordered it ;)

·
Registered
2010 Gallardo LP560-4 Spyder Caelum Blu
84 Posts
I have the Akrapovic exhaust system on my LP560-4 and I’m very pleased with it. It just sounds like Jurassic Park starting the engine at cold. However, I bought the LP, allready with the Akr on it so I actually don’t know how it would sound with a stock exhaust.
However, I could make the comparison on a McLaren 650S. That machine screams like a jet with the Akr on it, where de one with the stock exhaust sounded a bit more civilised… Would I buy the exhaust myself…. I don’t think so, but am I happy with it allready mounted… Hell Yeah!

·
Premium Member
17,290 Posts
Thanks all. I just ordered it to be installed once the car arrives. I'll post before and after videos.
That is great, I can't wait for you to let us know what you think. My dealer has one in stock waiting for me to decide.

Reactions: EVO 007
1 - 20 of 83 Posts