Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I have a 2020 Urus that I purchased in 2021 from the dealership. There is rust buildup inside the left exhaust tips (where the exhaust pipe meets the exhaust tip inside). I'm not sure how it happened as I don't drive the car in snow here in Vancouver. Does anyone know if the dealer would cover a replacement of the tips under warranty due to the rust?

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,672 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I have a 2020 Urus that I purchased in 2021 from the dealership. There is rust buildup inside the left exhaust tips (where the exhaust pipe meets the exhaust tip inside). I'm not sure how it happened as I don't drive the car in snow here in Vancouver. Does anyone know if the dealer would cover a replacement of the tips under warranty due to the rust?
Here is a link that may be helpful.

ADDITIONAL COVERAGE
Lamborghini supplies anti-perforation coverage that lasts for 12 years. Any corrosion or rust from a factory defect is covered. This warranty begins from the date of delivery to the original retail customer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is a link that may be helpful.

ADDITIONAL COVERAGE
Lamborghini supplies anti-perforation coverage that lasts for 12 years. Any corrosion or rust from a factory defect is covered. This warranty begins from the date of delivery to the original retail customer.
Thank you for the link. I will ask the dealership to replace the part and update here.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,672 Posts
I did read in the manual that if there is rust you should bring to an authorized dealer but it stop short of saying it’s covered. I guess a call to the dealership will clear this up in short order, good luck!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Seriously?!? You better crawl under the chassis, might be some rust on a bolt head somewhere as well. PLEASE record their reaction when you show them. LOL
LMAO, I've had an 11 year old Honda Civic that didn't have rust anywhere. I have 7 year old BMW 5 series that has no rust in the engine bay or exhausts and same with my AMG GTC. Considering the car is less than a year old and I paid $300k+, you bet your ass I'm going to ask about it and not keep my mouth shut like you.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,672 Posts
Actually, they scratched a part of my grille when they washed the car and said they will be replacing the entire panel, so jokes on you.
Is the rust in the exhaust the only rust you have identified up to this point?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Have you tried cleaning the exhaust?
I have but looks like where the pipe is welded to the tip is corroding the entire area and causing the rust to seep and spread. I think I'll take a wool chrome polish and polish the area. I've noticed the rust water seeping on to the edge of the tips and staining the satin finish on the outside.

This reminds me of the time when TATA bought Jaguar and decided to cheap out and use iron stampings on the underbody of the F-type. Caused a huge issue with owners as the entire underbody developed rust, Jaguar then issued a recall and replaced all owners F-type with aluminum stampings. The people who missed out, well their cars are literally being eaten away by the rust affecting their suspension parts.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
I have but looks like where the pipe is welded to the tip is corroding the entire area and causing the rust to seep and spread. I think I'll take a wool chrome polish and polish the area. I've noticed the rust water seeping on to the edge of the tips and staining the satin finish on the outside.

This reminds me of the time when TATA bought Jaguar and decided to cheap out and use iron stampings on the underbody of the F-type. Caused a huge issue with owners as the entire underbody developed rust, Jaguar then issued a recall and replaced all owners F-type with aluminum stampings. The people who missed out, well their cars are literally being eaten away by the rust affecting their suspension parts.
Try wool chrome polish, I've seen this on other Lambo models and usually it's just surface rust.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts