Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched the forum to see if there was a topic about this and I saw one but it was for the Gallardo.

I was wondering whether it was safe to disconnect the battery of the Huracan when replacing it with a new one, or are there "special instructions" to go about doing so?

Are there features or modules that need reprogramming or resetting after battery replacement?

Sorry for asking, I just couldn't find anything online about it specifically.

·
Registered
302 Posts
i remember there was something about opening the doors and having windows down, i can't recall. the mechanic told me if not done properly windows may explode while closing or opening so there is that too. maybe he was trying to scare me :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha, I'd be scared too! I will follow your mechanic's instructions, nothing to lose haha. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’ve changed the battery in my Huracan, also disconnected multiple times. No issues.

The windows lower slightly when you open the door, so if the battery were disconnected I could see the glass getting caught in the roof trim and breaking.

·
Premium Member
1,388 Posts
I recently disconnected my battery to change steering wheel and a couple days later when I went to lower top it wouldnt work. Had to lower and raise all 3 windows, side and back one, to get everything back in sync. But other than that have never had an issue with disconnecting battery in any car

Reactions: DXM31

·
Registered
Huracan Performante Twin Turbo
1,169 Posts
You will need to reset the electric windows. Do this by opening them all the way down and up. This will reset them

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,674 Posts
I’ve changed the battery in my Huracan, also disconnected multiple times. No issues.

The windows lower slightly when you open the door, so if the battery were disconnected I could see the glass getting caught in the roof trim and breaking.
So would it be advisable to lower the windows a little or all the way before disconnecting the battery to afford an additional margin of safety?

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,674 Posts
^^Good idea.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,674 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts