Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for a new SUV and happened to sit in a friend's g wagon and actually enjoyed it. I have never been a fan but the refreshed model is actually quite nice. I decided to do some looking at the market and they are selling for insane numbers. $50-100k over MSRP. I know the g wagon has always sold over msrp but not this much, at least for the standard model (g550 not g63 amg). Does anyone know if it is possible to get a reasonable deal. I can deal with $10-20k over but $50k is far too much for me.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
17,280 Posts
Consider Range Rover, if you are willing to spend that much on G class.

·
Registered
163 Posts
No.

The car is **** anyway...we had one of the first 2019 G550's and got rid after 6 months for numerous reasons. My only regret is not having kept it longer to take a profit.

·
Registered
133 Posts
No… especially since Mercedes is halting production on the V-8 engines for 2022 due to supply chain issues. Prices jumped higher on that news… for all engine variations of the G and the other higher caliber vehicles in their line up.
If you have one you bought prior to this craziness, it’s like sitting on a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

·
Registered
2009 LP560-4
121 Posts
It's tough going for anything v8 mercedes right now. I really wanted to upgrade to a new e63s wagon but they are all halted and now used have skyrocketed too.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I got my 4x4 just in time and even those being so niche have gone back up after the v8 motor news. The mb forum folks says pricing isn't reflecting current lower demand though than supply as the prices are so damn crazy. Will be interesting to see how it all plays out next year.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I don't think they're killing off the V8....

Scheimer would not elaborate on the specifics, though he did say that Mercedes wasn’t satisfied with their quality and that it’s doing some retesting. But the issue doesn’t affect every model in every market, which further complicates understanding the reason behind the company’s decision. Potent V8 engines are a cornerstone to the brand’s pricey AMG performance brand, and pulling them from the US market where they’re popular came as a surprise.

However, not every Mercedes V8 is disappearing from the US market next year as the V8-powered S580 will still be available. But another layer of confusion comes from Aston Martin, which uses Mercedes-supplied V8 engines. In August, the company told Road and Track that Mercedes’ stoppage would not affect the British brand’s products, which uses the German automaker’s 4.0-liter V8.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts