Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As the title says, I see no general topic section. I am multi time Lamborghini owner with my new Evo in production now. I am looking for opinions from fellow exotic car owners on a car purchase I plan to make trading my current Mclaren and purchasing a new exotic.

Mods please delete is not appropriate.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
So you want to trade your evo right away for a new other exotic....if u don’t want the evo just take it right away and dump to the other non lambo dealer and move on.
Atleast it won’t have miles .really the dealer should give top money and you can hopefully get tax credit.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
No no, keeping the Evo. Want to trade another exotic I own for a newer model. I want to know unbiased opinions of the car I want to purchase since the Mclaren boys have strong feelings about it. I figured what better place than the this forum because it has been very fair in the assessments/reviews I’ve read here and overall really good honest forum.

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
What car is it? Many guys here own both brands. Ask away

Reactions: M22

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What car is it? Many guys here own both brands. Ask away
Trading a 2013 mp4-12c convertible for a new 2022 Mclaren GT. Thoughts on the GT? The Evo will be my canyon carver now. The 12c is 9 years old, brand new is tantalizing.

·
Registered
199 Posts
absolutely go for the GT buddy. You'll have a ton of fun and I'm not even a Mclaren guy but I've heard some great things on the GT vs. the 12C.

Reactions: M22

·
Premium Member
SVJ Yellow, SVJ Blue, SVJ Gray, SVJ Roadster White, Gray SV, Red SV, Green Perf, Orange Gallardo
56 Posts
I’ve owned a few McLaren’s and still own one. I would personally go for a 570s or 600lt. The gt has softer ride and a little more luggage room.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
GTs are the step child of Mclaren.
I saw your post on MacLife
Hard to find an unbiased opinion.
Post on MacLife and its pro Mclaren. Post here you want a Mclaren and the anti-mclaren crowd comes out.
Your 12c is outstanding. Ask yourself why you want to change it up. Is it the color, I personally love it, and with all the carbon. But if its the attention? It wont go away with the GT.
Honestly, if I wasn’t so in love with the 675lt, the only step up would be the 765lt.
It’s your money, and only you know what to do with it.
My personal unbiased opinion? Keep the 12c.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Trading a 2013 mp4-12c convertible for a new 2022 Mclaren GT. Thoughts on the GT? The Evo will be my canyon carver now. The 12c is 9 years old, brand new is tantalizing.
Why do you need the GT if you're getting an EVO? There seem like a lot more comfortable/practical daily drivers if that's what you're using it for.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Why do you need the GT if you're getting an EVO? There seem like a lot more comfortable/practical daily drivers if that's what you're using it for.
I have taste that’s all over the place as evidenced by the 12 toy cars I own. Does not need to be a GT I just don’t like having the same as everyone else. I bought the Evo because I plan to modify it. Lambo’s hold their value far better than Mclaren. When you modify a Mclaren it’s a double lose, depreciation and devalue more than the cost of the modifications.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I have taste that’s all over the place as evidenced by the 12 toy cars I own. Does not need to be a GT I just don’t like having the same as everyone else. I bought the Evo because I plan to modify it. Lambo’s hold their value far better than Mclaren. When you modify a Mclaren it’s a double lose, depreciation and devalue more than the cost of the modifications.
If you're going for something more unique, wouldn't the 765LT fit a lot better. There are going to be way more GTs produced than 765s.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If you're going for something more unique, wouldn't the 765LT fit a lot better. There are going to be way more GTs produced than 765s.
765LT is SVJ money. New McLaren GT is less than used 580-2 money.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts