Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
'08 Superleggera
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's only a couple for sale in the country at the moment, and all seem to be holding around the $150k mark for non TT cars. Not shocking I have to admit since soon they'll be sought after for their rareness and rawness. I have had mine for 4 years and it's been nothing but a lot of fun. In its current form, we set it up to RWD with power mods and sticky rubber. The Sprint Booster also add to the fun, and I have to admit, it will be something I don't want to really consider letting go of yet. Do we see prices trending upward on these beauties?

·
Registered
372 Posts
It seem like it is! Being lambos first light weight track oriented model and what I believe the best version of the PreLP. It has a lot going for it.

Also, recently I've been seeing alot of new PreLP SL content on YouTube in the past few months. Which probably gathering a lot of attention.

Sent from my SM-F916U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
'08 Superleggera
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah myself included! I've shared a couple of videos on my channel that are Super G related. Glad to see these cars finally getting a much higher level of respect that they deserve!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Yeah myself included! I've shared a couple of videos on my channel that are Super G related. Glad to see these cars finally getting a much higher level of respect that they deserve!
Saw your tracking video..and surprisingly even saw your potato jet cameo..

·
Registered
6 Posts

Just listed mine

Khanh

·
Registered
'08 Superleggera
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Just listed mine

Khanh
PM me your contact info pls!

·
Registered
372 Posts

These are some high praises coming from someone who knows more about lambo engine than most..

I fully agree that the SL do feel special..

·
Registered
148 Posts
If I remember correctly, the special raw edition Ferraris (Challenge Stradale, or Scuderia, or Speciale, etc) are all faster than the subsequent ordinary model. As in, a 360 Challenge Stradale is faster than ordinary F430, etc etc.

Not so for the Lambos..... a pre-LP SL is slower than the subsequent ordinary LP... I think this has been a suboptimal strategy on Lambo's part when it comes to the value of these special editions...

·
Registered
372 Posts
If I remember correctly, the special raw edition Ferraris (Challenge Stradale, or Scuderia, or Speciale, etc) are all faster than the subsequent ordinary model. As in, a 360 Challenge Stradale is faster than ordinary F430, etc etc.

Not so for the Lambos..... a pre-LP SL is slower than the subsequent ordinary LP... I think this has been a suboptimal strategy on Lambo's part when it comes to the value of these special editions...
I'm not sure that statement is accurate concerning special edition F cars are all faster than the subsequent ordinary model...but correct me if I'm wrong.

The thing is, most modern supercars are ridiculously fast and seamlessly smooth.

Some may think that is a very good thing, but I also been hearing alot of sentiments about the older "slower" supercars being a lil bit more special due to the rawness. That's one of the reason why manual cars are raising in value and some cars like the old cars like the NSX double in value...

For me I wouldn't mind the latest and fastest, but I'm still glad I own a slower special lambo.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'm not sure that statement is accurate concerning special edition F cars are all faster than the subsequent ordinary model...but correct me if I'm wrong.

The thing is, most modern supercars are ridiculously fast and seamlessly smooth.

Some may think that is a very good thing, but I also been hearing alot of sentiments about the older "slower" supercars being a lil bit more special due to the rawness. That's one of the reason why manual cars are raising in value and some cars like the old cars like the NSX double in value...

For me I wouldn't mind the latest and fastest, but I'm still glad I own a slower special lambo.

Hmm... I think you are right. I am not sure how I got that impression.... I thought that explained why the CS and Scuds are fetching ridiculous prices...

So then why are special edition Lambos far less valuable than the equivalent Ferraris when the ordinary editions are comparable in price?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Hmm... I think you are right. I am not sure how I got that impression.... I thought that explained why the CS and Scuds are fetching ridiculous prices...

So then why are special edition Lambos far less valuable than the equivalent Ferraris when the ordinary editions are comparable in price?
The special edition/rare ferrari seems to have an aura that draw ridiculous price point. See manual gated ferrari vs. the Lambo equivalent.

But as what this thread is suggesting, the rarer gallardo seem to be holding their value really well and there's even sign of a upward trend in prices.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I think my LP Superleggera may be one of the only cars I've ever owned that I'll be able to sell for at least what I paid for it (bought it used a couple years ago) given what I'm seeing on the market, haha.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts