Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I test drove a lp-580 rwd spyder today. I am coming from a Ferrari 458 spider. That was my third Ferrari and looking to try something new/different. I really enjoy the sound of a naturally aspirated engine so the likes of Porsche turbo s is out. my experience driving it was good but not great. Much different feeling from a Ferrari. The v10 sound was great, the dual clutch transmission was good but it was much different than a 458, more than I expected. Has anyone gone from 458 to a Huracan and can you share your perspective of the differences, both good and bad. Probably going to pull the trigger but don't want to make a mistake. Let me know your thoughts.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
265 Posts
I own an F430 coupe, driven LP580-2 coupe, LP580-2 Spyder and EVO RWD Spyder. Have EVO RWD Spyder on order to join stable with F430.

The LP580-2 won't feel as nimble or have as much steering feedback as the Ferrari Spider, but you get that glorious V10 and a more rigid structure, possibly better damping. The EVO has improvements over LP580-2 in throttle response, steering response, sound and looks, if you can swing it I'd highly recommend EVO over LP580-2. Sport seats a must in Huracan Spyder imo.

·
Registered
17' SV Roadster, Performante Spyder X2, STO (inbound), Ferrari 458 Spyder,
434 Posts
I own both and live them both for their own differences. That said I do not think I could choose one or the other. That both are simply awesome in their own ways. Now if it was the 458 Spider against the Performante spyder I would go Performante every day.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Had a 458 spyder for 3 years and traded it in earlier this year for a new Evo rwd coupe which I spec’d out... don’t track my cars and use my 991.2 Carrera as a daily... drive mostly up/down the coast and through the So Cal mountain roads... the 458 is a great car, but I feel more excited to be in the Evo and more comfortable driving it... even though I never had problems with the 458 I was always expecting to have some... when I drive the Lambo I just feel like I’m in a more solid car... agree with others about Evo over an LP 580... either way not a mistake... good luck...

·
Registered
327 Posts
Other co-members may be able to offer driving pro & cons.

Something I always consider is dealership/ mechanic location.
Is your Lambo dealer close by... if so; still a "close race" as to which brand you prefer.
In other words, are dealings with the two dealership equal for you?

Best of luck in your decision.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have to say, unless you are on a walker or not alive, a Huracan is great for you. I have owns several cars (car dealer by trade) and this Huracan is by far the most fun, most exotic, most enjoyable car I have owned. I have tried Mclaren, Ferrari, Pantera, Shelbys, Porsche, and many others. You will not regret it.

Mike

·
Registered
163 Posts
I test drove a lp-580 rwd spyder today. I am coming from a Ferrari 458 spider. That was my third Ferrari and looking to try something new/different. I really enjoy the sound of a naturally aspirated engine so the likes of Porsche turbo s is out. my experience driving it was good but not great. Much different feeling from a Ferrari. The v10 sound was great, the dual clutch transmission was good but it was much different than a 458, more than I expected. Has anyone gone from 458 to a Huracan and can you share your perspective of the differences, both good and bad. Probably going to pull the trigger but don't want to make a mistake. Let me know your thoughts.

I went from a 488 to Huracan Performante, would do it again a second...........

Mike

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Other co-members may be able to offer driving pro & cons.

Something I always consider is dealership/ mechanic location.
Is your Lambo dealer close by... if so; still a "close race" as to which brand you prefer.
In other words, are dealings with the two dealership equal for you?

Best of luck in your decision.
Dealer location not a factor, in Scottsdale and don't go to dealer for service as have great exotic car service guys in town.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Went from a '11 458 to a '18 Huracan Performante, loved both. The 458 was more comfortable and easier to drive, in my opinion it's a better drivers car, better visibility, lighter steering, it's a better daily driver. The Perf is a show on wheels, 3x the attention of the 458, the sound is better, it's way faster, and simply a blast to drive. I daily drive them and had no problems with either of the 458's I had and same with the Perf. Would absolutely make the switch, you'll never look back.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have to say, unless you are on a walker or not alive, a Huracan is great for you. I have owns several cars (car dealer by trade) and this Huracan is by far the most fun, most exotic, most enjoyable car I have owned. I have tried Mclaren, Ferrari, Pantera, Shelbys, Porsche, and many others. You will not regret it.

Mike
Thanks Mike

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I went from a 488 to Huracan Performante, would do it again a second...........

Mike
Mike, the Performante is interesting. I see the same 20 of them for sale, they never seem to move. No local ones to test drive but I have heard it is a great car.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Went from a '11 458 to a '18 Huracan Performante, loved both. The 458 was more comfortable and easier to drive, in my opinion it's a better drivers car, better visibility, lighter steering, it's a better daily driver. The Perf is a show on wheels, 3x the attention of the 458, the sound is better, it's way faster, and simply a blast to drive. I daily drive them and had no problems with either of the 458's I had and same with the Perf. Would absolutely make the switch, you'll never look back.
The visibility was awful in the lambo..haha. the dealer said you just need to look forward as everyone is behind you..lol

·
Registered
163 Posts
Mike, the Performante is interesting. I see the same 20 of them for sale, they never seem to move. No local ones to test drive but I have heard it is a great car.

I bought a Verde Mantis car. (green) Was not sure but once I got the car, its beautiful. The guy I got the car from was in California. He missed the car so bad he went and bought anther one out of Miami. That pretty much told me it was an awesome car.......LOL. The other cars I mentioned were all great cars as well, I just wanted something that looked as mean as it ran. I am sure I have found my keeper...

Mike

·
Registered
15 Posts
The visibility was awful in the lambo..haha. the dealer said you just need to look forward as everyone is behind you..lol

I had an '18 Aventador b4 the '11 458, loved the test drive, hated the car after I got it home, (it was beautiful though), couldn't see right, left or behind, traded it after 6 months, talk about depreciation!

·
Registered
2021 Lamborghini SVJ Roadster, 2020 Ranger Rover Velar SV, 2019 Audi RS 5
78 Posts
I too had a 458 spyder and moved to a 580-2 (currently have an SVJ roadster). The 458 was a great car, but no regrets going with the 580-2. The Huracan’s electronics are more updated and reliable (no error messages like the 458). Style wise, I wanted something different and the 580-2 was a nice change. The transmission, exhaust sound (acceleration, down shifts) more lively than the 458. Only possible downside is how you like the soft top on the 580-2 spyder. If it appeals to you, you will be very happy.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I would agree with Kevy12345 that if you buy new depreciation is terrible on any of these exotics unless you are able to sell on your own. The leasing deals on new exotics is what causes the depreciation so bad. But once that first hit is over, the right car kept perfect is not such a bad investment considering the fun of driving. The cars I have most enjoyed were always hard to see out of. That might be part of the experience. My Ford GT was actually the most difficult to see out of but I always just try to drive faster.........LOL The cops dont understand the philosophy but it is fun.......

Mike

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
17,453 Posts
If I go back to the OP's opening title " Is a Huracan right for me". I would say it is right for anyone who doesn't mind getting extreme attention, can live with an intoxicating exhaust note and wants the best of the best (as far as I'm concerned) of super cars. Then it is right for you. JMO
Once I got my first one it became an addiction thereafter.

Reactions: Durden77
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.