Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I would say hi to all. I am not a Lamborghini owner as yet, but am in the market. I am not a "dream" owner either. When I find the one I want, I will buy it. Not sure what as yet to get. Undecided between the 2001 and a 99 blue Roadster. I will go roadster none the less, but what year....1999 and up.

I have done my share of research and consider myself to be an avid Lamborghini connoisseur of sorts. Believe you me, I won't say that some persons lambo used to belong to my aunt's former roommate's brother in-law or what ever some relation may be..lol.

I will poke my head in from time to time for the next month before I decide what to get. And of course, will post the pics and vin of what I get when I get it.

Regards,
Erik, Ventura County California USA

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Roadster said:
Undecided between the 2001 and a 99 blue Roadster. I will go roadster none the less, but what year....1999 and up.
Last model year of the Diablo roadster is '99.

-mick

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Roadster, Welcome Aboard!

if you want something "special" and you plan on keeping it for awhile spend a little extra and get a "Millinium Roadster"!!

I know our member MarkM owns one and maybe one or two other guys here.

Happy Hunting!!

:)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
gday said:
Last model year of the Diablo roadster is '99.

-mick
I have been asking myself that lately. Although there are later model Diablos, you are right. I have seen a few roadsters advertised as 2000 and 2001, but I ran the vin and it came up as a 99. Not to mention that the rear signals were earlier model design.

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Roadster said:
I have been asking myself that lately. Although there are later model Diablos, you are right. I have seen a few roadsters advertised as 2000 and 2001, but I ran the vin and it came up as a 99. Not to mention that the rear signals were earlier model design.
While its common to call some of the last roadsters "2000" models (including the millennium versions), trying to call any a 2001 model is just plain wrong / misleading.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am considering the blue roadster from Al Burtoni in Gilroy. That is, if he still has it. My girlfriend is in the hospital right now but when she gets out I will make a few phone calls and if all goes right, make a trip North to pick it up. Not to mention, I would like to keep things local as California smog laws are a pain.

BTW, has anyone delt with Milano Imports? They seem to have their stuff together. Al was the President of the Lamborghini Club if I recall correctly. Though he does not advertise it on his web site. Being the oldest Lambo dealer in the U.S., I imagine that he has a great reputation.

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
Al knows his stuff for sure. However, you have to pay for all that knowledge. As far as I know, the cars he sell are in tip top shape. You just have to pay for it. If you have the money, Al is the place to go. I'm sure Roy can chime in, he is one of Al's best customers.

Al sold the Lambo Club to Jim Heady a long time ago.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts