Lamborghini Talk banner
41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Thanks for that Lee! Makes a lot of sense. I'm going to do whatever it takes.

So, 2020Q2 is about to happen. Even though the world’s in a very strange situation right now, it’ll keep spinning. I’ve done some planning but the situation is quite uncertain and I have no idea if this will be over in a month, or whether it’s gonna take a whole lot longer..

I’m just going to keep working on this thing from home. I’ve been talking to at least 3 customers or prospects a day, 7 days a week every week of 2020 so far and got some good results from it. Fortunately I don’t need human contact to operate the company. I’m delegating work to 3 remote people at the moment, so got some leverage going. I also see a lot of cloud computing providers becoming very interested in partnering up with my business and I’m having meetings here and there with them to see how we can help each other.

Sales are still bad due to the SEO hit we took after the update of the website. I have now pretty much fixed every single issue I can think of and I’ve started to go on the offense by just spreading the word more and trying to get big websites to link to me.

Dating situation is better than ever fortunately so that’s not really a distraction as it used to be. I feel so stupid to have ever worried about this area of life and let it be such a distraction from business, oh well.

I hope everyone on here is doing well, healthy at home or doing an "essential" job, stay safe!

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
I am about to turn 60 and still work at least 50 hrs a week. My problem is I like making money. Once you get the machine going, it is hard to back off. If this Corona really causes a slowdown , I will probably pull back, let someone run my road building company , let my son handle the rentals and just play mad scientist. I sure would like one more year like the last one. Remember when you are dealt lemons , make lemonade. There is crazy demand for certain items right now. For example hand sanitizer is just alcohol and a gel. You can buy alcohol. Why not figure out how to make your own. I bet you could sell a thousand bottles a day on the side of the road. Same with masks, etc, etc.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Thanks NinjaIcecreamZombie 💪

Definitely true Lee, I feel sometimes I might be tying myself too much to this one thing I'm doing while there are so many more opportunities with possibly way more potential.. But on the other hand, the more I'm in this one industry, the more I become an expert at this and the more potential I create. The plan is to incrementally improve and expand.

So anyway, quick update, we're halfway through 2020, what a year..

Sales have definitely taken a big hit. I've just been bunkering down, working on improving the service and started thinking of the next iteration, pretty long term planning.

SEO has improved slightly but it's not where it used to be. I've been putting more effort into Adwords which is working. I cut some pretty significant unnecessary costs which has improved my margin quite a bit.

I just turned 29 and I'm seeing people around me buy houses and stuff. I'm trying to ignore that and think for myself, what is the best plan. I think for the time being it is better to keep renting relatively cheap and avoid being sucked into the hamster wheel of mortgages and stuff. I value freedom / agility way more than being able to have a lifestyle I can't afford for cash right now.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
If you are not married and growing a company why buy? Live cheap, work hard, build income. You will be in a position in a few years to buy with a huge down.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Yeah definitely @Lee T , that's the plan.

Time for a quarterly update. Again, what a year, entering Q4 now. I love kitesurfing and I had a pretty big crash a couple weeks ago. Ripped my right pec muscle off my upper arm, went for surgery to stitch the tendon back to the bone. Pretty intense. Now I have to recover for a couple months..

However, the week I had the surgery, I did virtually zero work, but the machine is making sales again :) It was the best week in sales of 2020. And for September I hit 12.1k in net revenue. Main reason for this is that I've optimized a lot of systems for delivery, so things run smooth even when I'm not looking, and SEO has been recovering :) Profit margin is higher than ever because of all the optimizations I did during the bad times.

I'm now making plans for Q3 to end the year well. I can't do much else than work as I'm recovering, so the plan is just to redesign some key components of my infrastructure, because that's the bottleneck at the moment. And I have to prevent falling into the trap of trying to figure it all out myself, and talk to some experts. Not be afraid to spend money on that.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Happy new year!

I'm gonna keep updating this thing religiously, I feel like if I stop, the dream stops, and it will never happen.

The past few months have been pretty good and consistent, revenue hitting above 10k for Sep, Oct, Nov and profit margins are higher than ever because of the optimizations I did earlier this year when things were going bad.

My 6 month goal is to finish the underlying infrastructure and have it all running live, which will allow me to compete with the heavy hitters in the market. I've been hiring a bunch of coders as well as doing things myself.

I'm making sure I look at a vision board with this this goal every day, and write it down in a journal, among other things. And check off a daily checklist of clearly defined tasks that get me closer to the goal.

I'm getting a strong sense of urgency and things feel like they're moving too slow.. But I'll keep chipping away at this and either get to the point where I can comfortably buy a lambo for cash, or die trying :)

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Thanks for the updates and your willingness to share, RiPe... We're all rooting for you!

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,837 Posts
You will get there! Just remember no matter what, you never give up! I cannot even begin to tell you of all my failures and disappointments. I just never quite and never gave up and eventually all my hard work paid off. When I was a child I was constantly told that I can be anything I want to in life as long as I BELIEVE. That stuck with me and I never doubted it.

Reactions: Sgt93

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
I feel for you bro. I tore a pec muscle loose from my arm 35 years ago. The doctor misdiagnosed and put me in a sling. By the time I realized it was not healing ,I had so much scar tissue it was unrepairable. I only had a few strands of tissue remaining. I ended up doing tons of incline bench to gradually strengthen my upper pec and shoulder. I can bench now but not near as much and still have pain. I hope yours heals completely. You will make it. Fight like hell. Work like a trojan and never give up. Set the date and then do it. Lee

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Cheers guys! Even though I didn't reply for 3 months I really appreciate the feedback. I just noticed these now, need to get my notifications sorted!

Sorry to hear Lee, that's f'ed up.. I've been lifting weights in my apartment here for the past few months during lockdown and fortunately I'm pretty much recovered. You still see a slight asymmetry but that's all.

As of business, first quarter went a bit slow, but plowing along regardless.

I decided to hire a business coach, I'm pretty much willing to do anything to get to the next level now so I started that as an experiment, it's been good so far. It's good to have some outside perspective and someone to tell me to get my act together when I'm doing some stupid stuff. Uncover blindspots. Will keep him in the loop.

Also started to go to a shared office space with some other entrepreneurs one day a week, and just being around "the action" helps and it's good to make new connections.

I'm building some advanced software systems to be able to solve problems we can't solve currently. Have been talking to lots of experts about how to do things properly. I wanted to hire someone to build it out for me, but had a hard time really nailing down what exactly to build since it's still so experimental in nature..

So now I've decided to handle the experimentation myself for the time being (I think I'm pretty good at it and I'm reading lots of books about the topic).

Instead of outsourcing that part, I decided to outsource part of our web app that I was also managing myself, which is a way more common piece of software and there's lots more developers out there with experience in similar projects.

So yeah that was the big dilemma of the past few months: Where to allocate time (do it myself), and where to allocate money (delegate). I think I have a pretty solid strategy now.

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Where do you kiteboard Ripe? I’m in OBX atm. But when it’s under 60 degrees, I’m on the shore.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
I'm in the Netherlands! You might have to google map it, pretty small ;P

I haven't touched the water either this year, but will be soon probably :)

·
Registered
779 Posts
Cheers guys! Even though I didn't reply for 3 months I really appreciate the feedback. I just noticed these now, need to get my notifications sorted!

Sorry to hear Lee, that's f'ed up.. I've been lifting weights in my apartment here for the past few months during lockdown and fortunately I'm pretty much recovered. You still see a slight asymmetry but that's all.

As of business, first quarter went a bit slow, but plowing along regardless.

I decided to hire a business coach, I'm pretty much willing to do anything to get to the next level now so I started that as an experiment, it's been good so far. It's good to have some outside perspective and someone to tell me to get my act together when I'm doing some stupid stuff. Uncover blindspots. Will keep him in the loop.

Also started to go to a shared office space with some other entrepreneurs one day a week, and just being around "the action" helps and it's good to make new connections.

I'm building some advanced software systems to be able to solve problems we can't solve currently. Have been talking to lots of experts about how to do things properly. I wanted to hire someone to build it out for me, but had a hard time really nailing down what exactly to build since it's still so experimental in nature..

So now I've decided to handle the experimentation myself for the time being (I think I'm pretty good at it and I'm reading lots of books about the topic).

Instead of outsourcing that part, I decided to outsource part of our web app that I was also managing myself, which is a way more common piece of software and there's lots more developers out there with experience in similar projects.

So yeah that was the big dilemma of the past few months: Where to allocate time (do it myself), and where to allocate money (delegate). I think I have a pretty solid strategy now.
Make sure all people that do any outsourcing signs an NDA

·
Registered
213 Posts
I just wanted to pop in and thank you for creating this thread, RiPe, as well as for continually updating it over the years. Following your progress is nothing short of inspirational and definitely a highlight of the dreamer's part of the forum. Between fellow dreamers and achievers alike, I believe we can all find it in us to root for your continued success.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
I just wanted to pop in and thank you for creating this thread, RiPe, as well as for continually updating it over the years. Following your progress is nothing short of inspirational and definitely a highlight of the dreamer's part of the forum. Between fellow dreamers and achievers alike, I believe we can all find it in us to root for your continued success.
That means a lot man, thanks. Sometimes I feel like things are going way too slow and I'm just cluttering up this forum with talking about how I'm trying. But if at least one person is inspired by it, it's worth posting I think :) Cheers

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Overdue update:

Business went crazy during May, really great month. Then SEO ranking dropped early June due to some Google update most likely. Fortunately the paid traffic funnel is pretty strong and things are still pretty good. And zooming out and looking at yearly revenue, it's at an all time high. So in summary, 2020 was a clusterfck, but we're pretty crawled back out of that hole and doing better than ever :)

I've been investing some of the profits, and a have put a portion in some ridiculous crypto fund, which went up so much that I would have been able to buy a second hand Gallardo with the money, but it has crashed down again massively.. oh well. I never really felt like the value of that portfolio was "real" yet, feels just like some kind of game. And I'm just making sure I'm 0 emotionally affected by these ups and downs, which I am, which is nice.

If I would have pulled out this amount of money, I would not have bought a Gallardo with it because that would (from a financial perspective) be utterly dumb. I want to be able to buy at least 5-10 of these things for cash before I buy one probably.. I guess it's good to start getting more clear on this, otherwise it might never happen.

The business coach I've been working with is amazing. He's pushing me to do way more marketing which is really showing in the sales. I naturally want to build stuff instead of talk about it I guess so marketing is something I've just not put enough resources into and my coach is making me very aware of this.

Other than that, I've been reading a bunch of business books (I'm always reading something). And I'm really using the ideas of 'the ONE Thing' and 'Essentialism' lately to remove clutter and focus on the important things. Then the book 'Work the System', I've pretty much started using that as a bible to systemize my business even more. It's already automated quite a bit, but things can definitely be improved!

41 - 60 of 64 Posts