Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, well first of all I am not blessed enough to own a lambo as I am in college and part of that poor college kid community haha. I have a few family friends and neighbors with lambos and other exotics, I just want to learn more and maybe one day own one to call my own. Anyways, the car i do own is an 08 jeep grand cherokee SRT8, and for a 5k lb brick it moves pretty well, and survives brutal michigan winters with AWD. I have been going to car shows and other events in michigan for a few years now (want to go to more) and just wondered how many guys from michigan there are on here cause i have seen a handful over the past few years around. Even guys around michigan, ohio and ect, i do get to travel a little bit every little bit. Well I hope to learn from you guys and glad to be part of the forum!

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
"poor community college kid + Jeep SRT8" does not go hand in hand ;)

waiting to see what Chrysler will do with the new Jeep SRT. The one you have was Porsche-beating when it was introduced. Forced Porsche to up their game.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha luckly i go to michigan state so not quite community college, but jeep srt8 is kinda outta that range true haha. But my jeep did kick porsch into shape, fun being able to mess with the cayenne guys around here, looks on their faces are priceless, first when they see its a jeep lol, and second when they see a kid like me driving it.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Welcome to the forum ;)

You'll find that you're not the only one in your type of situation. Myself and a few others are working our way through college as well.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Welcome to the forum, from a future owner as well. Just a helpful tip, since we have a lot of kids come through here. Careful what you say and ask on here. This is more so for owners to talk about their cars and such, so you will learn a lot about the cars and market. Enjoy your stay.

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
Welcome to the forum, from a future owner as well. Just a helpful tip, since we have a lot of kids come through here. Careful what you say and ask on here. This is more so for owners to talk about their cars and such, so you will learn a lot about the cars and market. Enjoy your stay.
What an instinct you've developed, and now a seasoned pro!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would be afraid to own one in michigan....winters aside the roads are bad enough to swallow you whole! I actually have seen a few around before though. 2 Lambos and 2 Ford GTs all on 275 around 96 so there are some guys crazy enough to drive nice cars in that state.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hahaha I know about all the kids that come through the site, Ive looked through quite a few threads and seen some dumb kids asking for rides or even driving the owners car hahah. even the thought of driving someones prized car terrifies me, I wouldn't even want to if someone asked me to be completely honest. I'm part of a forum for my srt jeep as well, and kids go through there as well and do the same thing, it's not a lamb but still a weird question to ask all together. I think once your in college you "wake up" and realize how dumb questions like that are. gotta respect others to receive it. thanks for the tips though guys!

·
Registered
7 Posts
My buddy in Kalamazoo works part time for a guy who has a maroon Gallardo.....he has owned 8 Lambos in all....hes is a real estate developer and part time ARCA racer......but he drives it like it is a Camry....says he gets his "speed fix" in NASCAR......go figure......

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know this site it for the owners just here to creep and learn from the best, the people who live it every day. I would be afraid to have one here in michigan too, but i would never ever have a lambo as a DD, definitely a garage queen/king (in michigan at least) : )

1 - 13 of 13 Posts