Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Excelent interview:

and they touched on some very important points that enthusiasts, present owners and future owners are curious about . Wish it could have been longer, however it's apparent that Audi and Lamborghini are very serious and commited to being healthy and succesful going forward.

:)

·
Registered
809 Posts
my god, the Concept S is quite possibly the most beautiful car i have ever seen, but in a strange way. Not beautiful like Aston Martin, but something different, and not extreme either.

I dont know how to describe it without going on for pages lol ahHahahaAHaha

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
"Lamborghini is uncompromising, extraordinary - and Italian"

Who does he think he's kidding?? There is a huge amount of compromising, and it's NOT Italian anymore.

Other than that...Good Luck to them.

·
Registered
809 Posts
raymondo, i dont really understand where you're coming from.

Granted you must know the history of lamborghini better than I, and you must also know the differences from past models to today's, but lamborghini seems the same to me: extreme, gorgeous, powerful and fast supercars that scoff at reason and thrive off of that "just because" factor.

What is it exactly that seems so off to you?

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
Oh if you could do a search on my rants...:)

If you have no problem with German Audi parts in your $200,000+ "Italian" Lamborghini then theres nothing wrong. For that price I want a pure Italian specially designed engine, and no German parts or influence.

It's a generational gap thing. I'm an old traditionalist stuck in the past. ;)

·
Banned
183 Posts
I agree with Raymondo. I couldn't live without the Gallardo though. At least the build quality of the Lambo's is better in Audi's hands...just try to keep regurgitating parts (ahem...engine) to a minimum. I'm only 23 so I only know from what I've read, or driven. I wouldn't change the Gallardo for the world, except I would gladly pay another 30-40 g's for it's own completely original engine, but that might be impossible given the facts. :D

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
IMO with Lambo assured of survival and success (especially in the Media) and more Road Presence, I can only imagine this will make the older versions More Valuable as time goes on!! And having an "old version" that will likely appreciate in price and popularity isn't hurting my feelings at all :D

·
Registered
809 Posts
Now i see where youre coming from, you definately have a point there and are completely correct in a lot of ways.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hmm I am going to catch a lot of grief for this but as long as I bring up some good points hopefully you guys will respect this post and the person who is writing it. Lamborghini and Audi represent the first joint operation between a German and Italian car company since the 1930's. In my opinion Lamborghini could not ask for a better parent company. Lets look at things from a financial point of view. Lamborghini is a profitble company we all know that. But it does not turn a profit big enough that would allow it to invest in enough new technology to keep it competitive in todays market place where technology is now more important then ever. Now Audi does have the budget for this and god forbid it doesn't its parent company Volkswagon sure as hell does. 2 technologies that Audi brings to the table are sure to attract your attention as Audi is the lead producer of these technologies. Quattro awd has been around now for 25 years. No one does it like Audi with awd and you can bet your bottom dollar that Lamborghini will be using some of the quattro awd technology for its own purposes. The second one is of course turbocharging. Now there are no turbo Lambos off the production line I know. But I would bet all my money that at least one enginer there is looking into turboing Lambos.
Now with regards to Lamborghini using Audi parts. I would feel a little pissed off if I payed for an Italian supercar that had some parts taken off of a German sedan. But, some interesting facts about these German parts you speak of. Have you ever bothered to look what all in a Gallardo comes from Germany? For one instance the entire space aged alluminum frame is built in Germany and shipped to Italy. Now I don't hear any of you complaining about your frame being cheaply made do I. Lamborghini ises Audi parts sometimes not just to save money but because they are egonomical. Lamborghini doesn't have the time or the money into making sure that its ac control knob conforms to the hand correctly and even if they had the time is that what you want them to spend it on because I would personally rather have them tweaking the engine a little more to squeeze out some more power!

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
Splashlin,
Does the UT have a history department? Accounting majors typically are not very worldly...get your degree and get out of accounting fast...I did.

Sorry, but Audi and Lamborghini is not the first joint combo since the 1930's. In fact, there were many. Most were outside the auto industry, (Hitler and Benito Mossolini ring a bell?) but none the less, there were many inside the auto industry as well. Iso Revolta has been building buses in Italy using MB for years to name just one. In fact he made motor bikes during WW2 using German parts.

However, you bring out a good point regarding the joint venture. I personally don't like the German influence on Lamborghinis new style. Engineering is a different story. Looks...Nothing like the shape and style of a Italian lady in a Roman sunset. :cool:

Off topic, but when you buy a car in the USA today the sticker has to show origin of parts of the car. Any new car owner of the Murci and G's would share the countries and percentages? I just bought a BMW for my son (just got his license) and 5% USA and Canada, 40% Germany, 30 Austria. Car was final assembly in Austria.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts