Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2013 LP560 TT
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a non-Lambo source for these interior trim clips? They get brittle and break pretty easily. Need at least 4. I assume they are a fairly generic VW/Audi part. Local auto parts place didn’t have them though.
Arthropod Insect Pest Parasite Invertebrate

Pollinator Insect Arthropod Butterfly Moths and butterflies

·
Registered
2013 LP560 TT
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had that same problem and picked up a pack of black ones for GM vehicles that was identically sized at Autozone.
Off the shelf or from behind the counter? Reason I ask is often if it’s behind the counter they want to look it up by make/model/year.

·
Registered
2013 LP560 TT
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any auto parts store should have them. Should be an off the shelf item.

https://www.autozone.com/screws-pin...31WgjioROr5Jb9SDwfBoCTcEQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

If you can't find them local to you then uncle Amazon has them as well. Here is a pack of 25.

Amazon.com
Thanks!
Funny enough they did have those ones on display but the diameter of the “head” looked too big. Then again mine are mangled so maybe they were the same size originally. Anyhow I’ll give those a try. Thx.

·
Registered
524 Posts
If the dealership is local to you, just get them from the dealer. They won’t cost much and could save time and hassle trying to source aftermarket.

You could also try your local autobody supply shop.

In addition to paints they usually carry or are able to get many of the clips, screws etc., that are used in most North American and European cars.

Given the VW/Audi association, I would guess that they will be similar or the same.

·
Registered
2013 LP560 TT
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If the dealership is local to you, just get them from the dealer. They won’t cost much and could save time and hassle trying to source aftermarket.

You could also try your local autobody supply shop.

In addition to paints they usually carry or are able to get many of the clips, screws etc., that are used in most North American and European cars.

Given the VW/Audi association, I would guess that they will be similar or the same.

Nearest Lambo dealer is hours away. And I refuse to pay any extra for the same part just because it says Automobili on the label haha.

·
Registered
Gated Giallo Midas
164 Posts
Check here... Automotive Plastic Retainer Trim Clips

Looks like they have the dimensions on there as well. I tried the ones at autozone and trimmed them down but it was a pain. That link above has about 5-7 different ones that look nicer than the Autozone ones. Seems reasonably priced too.

Good luck.
Do you or anyone know the dimensions of the factory trim clips?
I need a bunch of these too and I'm hanging on with bare minimum trim clips as I split them up to fit all the panels 😅

·
Registered
2013 LP560 TT
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I went through 6 racks of Dorman clips at a distributor and couldn’t find a match. Unfortunately they were all listed as specific to American or Japanese cars. Some were close but not quite right. I’m heading to VW dealer next…

·
Registered
463 Posts
Off the shelf or from behind the counter? Reason I ask is often if it’s behind the counter they want to look it up by make/model/year.
They were off the shelf. I just took the one similar to your photo-I want to say it was attached to the back of the leather kick plate that runs along the base of the door-that was the part on my car that was loose. The ones I picked up were black and the top was round not square like yours. I just cut the edges square with a razor and it fit perfectly. I can take a photo of the box with the style number and a photo of the clip itself tonight.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I went through 6 racks of Dorman clips at a distributor and couldn’t find a match. Unfortunately they were all listed as specific to American or Japanese cars. Some were close but not quite right. I’m heading to VW dealer next…
Keep us posted. I'm sure plenty of others are in the same boat and could use them as well.

·
Vendor
3,007 Posts
Post the photos then, I may have them, but need to SEE one that isn't broken.

·
Registered
2013 LP560 TT
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
A local place is a Rock Auto distributor and they were cool about looking up the parts using a dealer-level database. The Lambo part is
400867299 “Yellow fastener, fusion”. Apparently discontinued.
Audi/VW will only sell the equivalent clips as part of a package when you buy new interior panels ($$$).
I have another alternative that might work and will post once I confirm.

·
Registered
2013 LP560 TT
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Problem solved. You can buy these from most auto parts stores.
Capsule Liquid Fluid Automotive lighting Insect

Then notch them (see yellow lines) using small tin snips or wire cutters.

Water Automotive tire Grey Road surface Asphalt

I also found a generic equivalent at an auto body place they are already perfectly notched. Not sure what they’re from but they were left overs and “new old stock” according to the body shop. I bought all 100 or so of them so if you need some let me know.

Water Automotive lighting Automotive tire Fluid Liquid

·
Vendor
3,007 Posts
And I should add they original clips were selling for $16 each. That’s a big FU from Lambo as far as I’m concerned.
Yep, I have some in stock of the OEM ones and my price is less, BUT by the time you ship them, etc. it's not worth the savings. This will help you out.

These are common fasteners you can get at Napa or Auto Zone, etc…for like $.25 each

D48 - Jeep, Dodge & Ford Door Panel Clips

1 - 20 of 26 Posts